At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. We’re creating a team that creates awesome ways to pay and get paid.
Our customers need insights to give them connectivity, visibility and control over this complex playing operating landscape, we process millions of transactions every year and providing transparency for customers to flourish is a corner stone of our FY21 strategy
Who are our customers?
A broad range of both Global - Banks, PSP’s & FI’s & Corporates, to the very important SME’s that drive the world economy.
Role and Purpose
To coordinate the combination of a new treasury acquisition and drive the product roap for the treasury element of our global transaction platform for Bottomline’s customers providing them with the insights and information they need to grow their business and win in their markets. In doing so, create a new revenue stream for Bottomline and increase the strength of relationship we have with our customers and protect our already successful payments capabilities
You must combine an expert understanding of our customers and their needs, with in-depth experience of the technical details required to build successful treasury product within the global Transaciton ecosystem.
It is your job to be the advocate and drive the vision for the Global Treasury, align the lines of business needs into a central delivery hub. This includes assessing market demand, building the business cases, working with engineering to get the product developed, collaborating with product and engineering leads across the group, working with sales marketing on the go to market plan.
The ambition and goal of this role is to make a material difference in the continued growth of Bottomline technology.
- Own the creation, growth and success of the global treasury product line in Bottomline.
- Own and drive both the strategy and roadmap working with all lines of business and subject matter experts to ensure consensus
- Interface and proactively manage requirements from stakeholder groups. Prioritise capabilities and deliver a winning product across customer segments and business functions
- Discover and define business cases for new product and market opportunities
- Develop GTM plans with Marketing for product launches and Sales Enablement
- Communicate with market facing teams about newly released product features and functionality, providing training sessions, internal overviews and FAQs
- Own pricing and Unit planning alongside sales for your product line
- Execute product strategy within a high-velocity agile development environment. Draft and maintain use cases/epics and other supporting documentation for new product features
- Build relationships and work closely with Engineering to ensure alignment
- Be the senior evangelist & advocate of the Bottomline Treasury product across the business
- Align executive stakeholders on product vision and strategy
- Provide thought leadership and develop a SaaS metrics and insights thinking across the product organisation
What do we look for in a Commercial Product Manager?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. As Bottomline is in transition, they will need to evolve, grow and adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
- You must be technically and up to date on latest technologies, smart, creative, persistent, curious and business oriented regarding securities and payments.
- You believe so strongly in the problem to be solved, and the business opportunity to be exploited that they always find a way.
- 10+ years product management experience, Ideally Minimum 5+ years of leading a SaaS portfolio of products
- Experience defining strategy and bringing products to market
- Ability to grasp complex business requirements and products quickly
- Demonstrated success in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with executives
- Treasury Operations/TMS experience
- Commercial Product Management
- Data Insight & Analytics
- Agile methodology
- Working with High Performance Infrastructures
- Payments, connectivity or Financial Messaging experience
We want you to bring your broad industry, business and technology management knowledge forward. The core knowledge areas that we see as important are;
- Have delivered a range or products or programmes previously
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate a virtual team
- Experience in Digital, Cloud, scheme, SaaS, SWIFT, Clearings, Payments
- Empathy for sales and technology
- Customer facing
- B2B expertise
- Business/corporate understanding
- Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative – able and willing to share best practise
Finally, we would you to have some domain skills and experience. Not all of these are relevant for every role however it provides a flavour:
- Serving financial solutions to Financial Institutions and large Multi-National Corporates
- Familiarity with the world of Securities and Payments and the associated processes
- Experience of how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world
- FinTech, Payments, Securities, Treasury and Financial Services market exposure
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS Technology, APIs, Data & Insight, ISO adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline