Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Technical Solutions Architect to innovate, win, and grow with us.
At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. Specifically, the manner in which they pay, and get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology and practices.
For our Payments Market, we target FI’s and large, multi-national organisations with the objective of delivering our Universal Aggregator Service as the destination of choice. Our customer need is for solutions to give them connectivity, visibility and control over this complex playing field, on a global basis.
Our obsession is in solving these issues for our target markets. We believe that the advent of “smart” cloud technologies and a verity of overlay services, either from internal suppliers or trusted external parties, provides us with the right technology tools to do so.
This means our customers are ripe for being disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
Who are our customers?
Banks, PSP’s & MNC’s - Over 11K worldwide.
What sort of products would you work on?
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skillset and interest you could be working on anything from new business propositions to building out the cloud connectivity platform to resolve how banks interact.
Ultimately, we are looking to enable payments innovation and reduce the risk, cost and complexity by providing payments solutions to our customers that ultimately drives revenue for Bottomline.
How do we “do” Solution Architecture in Bottomline?
A Solution Architect is the person in charge of leading the overall technical vision for a particular or various solution, supporting the Product Management team as well as doing the liaison for the development team, ensuring that the solutions are designed in line with Bottomline technology strategy and that can be developed and delivered by the team. With great communication skills the solution architect will be responsible for understanding the most interesting, diverse and challenging problems we are trying to solve, propose a technical solution to address them as well as communicate to different audiences what we will deliver.
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long-term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve real business problems and surprise and delight our customers
Great Value Propositions require an intense collaboration of product management, design and engineering to solve real problems for our users and customers and to meet the needs of our business.
Translating Market Development and Product Management requirements into detailed technical requirements that combined SaaS, legacy and support, maintain and grow easily is the responsibility of the Technical Solution Architect.
As a Solution Architect, you'll be the technical bridge from Product to key internal stakeholders such as development, delivery, operations and support, ensuring that Bottomline delivers the best, most innovative solution to meet the market opportunity, drives new revenue streams and provide customer loyalty and growth. You will be a technical leader and an adviser in case of complex projects. You to support the implementation of new product into both the hosted and SaaS environments.
What do we look for in a Technical Solution Architect?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. As Bottomline is in transition the candidate will need to evolve, grow and adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
- Technically up to date on latest technologies and hands-on, smart, creative, persistent, curious and business oriented regarding securities and payments.
- Strong commitment in the problem to be solved, and the business opportunity to be exploited that they always find a way.
- A person who is constantly questioning and know that “there is always a better way” – whether that’s how a customer processes work or how we solve a problem.
This role is designed to help position Bottomline for market growth in the changing landscape for our Financial Messaging division.
Having experience with developing and delivering a strategy for maintenance of multiple formats flavours and transformation and mapping (ISO 20022 etc) adoption would make you stand out from the crowd.
Typically, as a Technical Solution Architect, you would need to articulate how to:
- Standardize composite standard software solutions involving scalability, redundancy and high availability, with a target to reduce project implementation time
- Support and help grow our existing standardized API interfaces enabling our customers leveraging our services moving away from ﬁle-based submissions to real-time operations
- Support the move to cutting-edge technologies: Elasticsearch full-stack monitoring, Docker deployments, Apache Camel’s developments, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc
- Support our existing micro-service framework
- Shape best practices around the adoption of our technical solution working with appropriate stakeholders to find the best solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems.
- Describe the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Writing detailed technical Business Requirements, transferring and present them to Development Epics
- Evaluating technical risks and predicting potential problems
- Writing technical reports, instructions & Product Descriptions
- Developing payments flows and maintaining library of formats between applications
- Experience in designing databases and connectivity with different modules and services.
- Acting as a technical liaison between Product, Development and the business
- Facilitating technical meetings and educational workshops for Product Team members
- Acquiring technical knowledge of products from Development and the Architectural Team
- Solution Architecture (Microservices design strongly recommended)
- Technical Lead
- Communication (to technical and non-technical audiences)
- Agile methodology
- Product Management
- Programming experience (Java is a plus)
- DevOps culture (people / processes / tools)
- Hybrid and Private cloud
- Financial Messaging
- Modern Databases (Postgres, Elastic Search)
Secondly, we want you to bring your broad industry, business and technology management knowledge forward. The core knowledge areas that we see as important are;
- Ownership / custodian (Mini-MD)
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate a virtual team
- Experience in Digital, Cloud, scheme, SaaS, SWIFT, Clearings, Payments
- Empathy for sales and technology
- Customer facing
- B2B expertise
- Business/corporate understanding
- Work at pace
- Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative – able and willing to share best practise
Finally, and we do think of them in this order, we would you to have some domain skills and experience. Not all of these are relevant for every role however it provides a flavour:
- Serving financial solutions to Financial Institutions and large Multi-National Corporates
- Familiarity with the world of Securities and Payments and the associated processes
- Experience of how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world
- FinTech, Payments, Securities, Treasury and Financial Services market exposure
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS Technology, APIs, Data & Insight, ISO adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.