Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Platform Architect to innovate, win, and grow with us.
You will be working as a key member of an agile development team on exciting products for a growing Fintech company. You will bring your enthusiasm and experience of Java development and the design of complex solutions to the role. Working closely with Engineering, DevOps, the Business Solutions Architect and the Enterprise Architect you will design new, and evolve existing systems helping to drive them through to Production. You will be responsible for investigating new technologies, developing prototypes and new capabilities and leading the teams on best practice.
We are on a journey to bring all software solutions together under a holistic architectural approach across the global business, and you will be a key role in ensuring the Payments & Documents platform is aligned with global standards and innovate new approaches that can be consumed by the wider global business.
Critical to the role is the capability to show you can lead technical teams in the solution design of key business requirements and strong business leadership in ensuring products are kept to standard.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architect, DevOps and Engineering to design solutions
- Ensure platform meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Create and maintain Architectural documentation
- Work with Product and Development management on release estimation and high level evaluation of potential new projects
- Informing and influencing technical decisions made at governance boards and design authorities.
- Performing Architecture Impact Assessments for technology within the domain, to help size and shape ideas and initiatives and an early stage.
- Ensuring roadmaps provide at least N-1, or specified levels of software versions across the domain.
- Assuring throughout the project delivery lifecycle that individual solutions are fit for purpose in their application of technology and align with the overall strategy.
- Contributing to the definition of Architecture Principles and Policies.
- Defining Standards and Patterns applicable to the domain.
- Assist in estimation and planning of future work within a scrum project framework.
- Contribute as a member of the development team to planned work
- Provide peer code reviews.
- Continuously update technical expertise.
- Present new product functionality and architecture to other development and business groups within the company.
- Record activity and re-estimate work remaining on project tasks.
Skills and Experience
- RESTful Services
- Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Azure/ AWS
- Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Oracle DB
- Customer Facing API design
- Micro services
- Authentication approaches (Oauth2, OpenID Connect)
- ORM Technologies (JPA/Hibernate)
- Open Source RDBMS (e.g. Postgres)
- Elastic Search
- Message Queues(RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Significant experience as a Technical, Product, Solution Architect or System Design Authority
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- Strong knowledge of architecture methodologies, principles and frameworks
- Hands-on experience in J2EE/Java development
- Experience of Micro Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Agile methodologies
- Creation of RESTful services
- Experience using Maven, Spring DI, Spring boot, Keycloak
- Java Multithreaded programming
- Financial Domain experience, specifically:
- Payments (Domestic, International, Open Banking/PSD2)
- Development using TDD/BDD
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.