We are seeking a dynamic .NET Application Engineer to join our Customer Engagement Solutions Application team, and to work on our award-winning Digital Banking IQ Engage SaaS product, which enables account openings and digital onboarding for consumers and businesses.
The .NET Application Engineer will be responsible for developing and enhancing the set of Web Services that integrate with core banking systems and 3rd party providers. You will also work with various software programs and systems to triage and resolve existing problems as well as develop new features and functionality. You will be working with a global team that uses an Agile development process.
This is an excellent opportunity at a fast-growing, financial technology industry leader with outstanding revenues and profitability. We have a fun, fast-paced open work environment and we respect smart people who can make big things happen. We are committed to ensuring people have what they need to succeed and reward professionals in a way that is meaningful.
This position is based in our Bangalore, India office.
- Develop new features for our C# .NET web service integration platform
- Analyze custom configurations as well as shared components to identify and resolve defects in existing integrations
- Help maintain code quality and organization
- Create/Update documentation and wiki articles
- Work with our Product Team to develop and deliver on the product road map
- Troubleshoot integration issues with internal Bottomline application support teams
- Provide regular updates to Customer Service about the status of support requests
- Speak directly to our financial institution customers when technical issues need clarification
- Occasional on-call technical support rotation, as needed
- Minimum of 2 years developing enterprise applications with C# and the .NET framework
- Familiarity with SOA principles with experience in developing web services (XML, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RDBMS concepts; development experience in Oracle, MySQL or similar enterprise
- Working knowledge of Windows servers, IIS, etc.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion with an understanding of branching and merging
- Experience with code deployment tools (i.e. Jenkins, Team Foundation Server)
- Experience using API tools such as SoapUI/ReadyAPI, Postman, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences, and author technical documentation
- Culture fit – Adopt and evangelize ‘Customer Delight’ and ‘Product Delight’
- Experience integrating with core banking systems is desired
- Java experience (specifically server-side J2EE technologies such as JSP, EJB, etc.)
- Experience developing web applications using HTML, AJAX, CSS
- Experience with unit test frameworks and best practices
- Experience with Linux or other UNIX based operating systems
- AGILE familiarity – particularly SCRUM
- Graduate/post Graduate (in CS or related field)
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies offers digital technology solutions that enable banks to acquire, deepen and
grow profitable relationships that are anchored in payments and cash management with a focus on Customer and Product Delight. Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.