Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Marketing Manager to innovate, win, and grow with us!
This is a key role in the marketing team, taking responsibility for the marketing plan and budget for our APAC FM and Fraud & Financial Crime line of business. The successful candidate will need to interpret business objectives, turning these into effective and measurable marketing programmes to drive awareness, pipeline, revenue and growth in the payments sector in accordance with our strategic and financial targets. In particular this role will focus on activities to support the acceleration and growth of our Financial Messaging and Fraud & Financial Crime solutions in the APAC region.
Forging close working relationships with the Sales and Product Marketing functions is vital to this role in order to identify business drivers, define messaging and segment markets and audiences accurately. Proactive planning is a key to success, so good confident communication skills, project management and the ability to prioritise tasks are necessary characteristics of this position
Customer Centric Marketing
At Bottomline Technologies we pride ourselves on our commitment to the customer experience. Our customer charter and a set of guiding principles are firmly established within our culture as well as a fundamental part of our corporate objectives. Within marketing we apply this charter at all levels of our work.
Main duties of this role include:
- Planning and managing a marketing plan against key plays identified as drivers for business throughout a fiscal year.
- Planning and managing a marketing plan to deliver against a desired contribution to sales unit plans
- Significant contribution to the go-to-market process as we deliver and launch more innovative payment solutions and propositions to both new and existing customers
- Applying modern marketing techniques, tactics and channels to reach the required audience and deliver an expected performance.
- Developing innovative content – written / multimedia / advertising / online - to drive and nurture a targeted audience through the buying cycle.
- Utilisingl solutions such as Marketo and Salesforce to deliver efficient automated campaigns
- Developing appropriate communications to support an integrated campaign mix, involving articles, blogs and social postings for example.
- Working with the Digital marketing and creative teams to continually enrich and enhance our web and digital presence and ensure the best possible online experience for our target audience
- Maintaining a budget against which chosen campaigns are planned and executed to deliver an expected return on investment (ROI)
- Communicating internally to the line of business (LOB) teams regarding marketing plans and how they support the LOB revenue objectives
- Enforcing a data-driven marketing environment through effective monitoring, reporting and analysis of campaigns using Marketo and Salesforce.com against a set of agreed KPI’s.
- Identifying and engaging with relevant 3rd party companies that commercially focus on supporting business development within our target sectors / audiences.
- Identifying and engaging with relevant influencers such as trade associations, communities and media to drive awareness and credibility within our target sectors / audiences.
- Leveraging and utilising industry intelligence and marketing knowledge to add value to campaigns
This role will include general and administrative/logistical tasks relating to the efficient running of the department.
This is a full-time position based in Singapore with occasional meetings in other offices. There will be a requirement to travel and stay away on business on occasion.
- Approx 5 years’ experience in Marketing with demonstrable results developing and implementing effective marketing activities/campaigns.
- Proven experience of working successfully with sales and product teams to gain the appropriate information and direction needed to deliver top notch campaigns
- Experience of marketing in a software/technology or financial business environment
- Expertise in working with different marketing delivery channels including email marketing, developing web content, search engine optimisation and PPC, social media, direct mail, advertising and events.
- Experience in writing comprehensive compelling copy for internal and external communications.
- Previous experience with Marketo and Saleforce.com is preferred.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office suite
Bottomline Technologies is a fast growing company and the marketing function is stepping up to take on a broader, more strategic role. The ideal candidate will therefore be an enthusiastic and commercially orientated individual with a passion for business and marketing. They will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to play a positive role in a marketing team environment, helping to develop best practice and sharing ideas to add value to the marketing function.
Critical competencies for success
- A strong communicator, able to influence audiences both within the marketing team and across the business.
- Credible in representing the company to customers and other stakeholders.
- Highly approachable
- Customer focused
- Highly numerate and articulate.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Be comfortable in challenging constructively to achieve positive change both within the marketing team and across the business.
- Good sense of humour
Bottomline Technologies is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.