Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Head of Demand / Lead Generation to innovate, win, and grow with us!
The Head of Demand Generation will help us to define, execute, measure and refine a creative, compelling and effective marketing revenue strategy for our rapidly growing Global Business Solutions line-of-business.
Are you a results-driven, customer-focused demand generation expert who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wakes up every day excited to build, execute, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns that deliver qualified leads to our sales team and drive revenue? If so, we want to speak with you!
You will be responsible for the strategy and day-to-day oversight of our marketing programme execution – collectively chartered with engaging, capturing, nurturing, and converting marketing leads across multiple channels generating pipeline and revenue.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of driving qualified leads that convert to revenue in B2B and/or SaaS-based companies with a focus on developing highly targeted and personalized account-based marketing (ABM) campaign methodologies and approaches. The position also requires extensive collaboration across marketing and LOB/sales leadership.
As Head of Demand Generation you will:
- Develop and execute multi-channel demand generation strategies that are aligned to targeted audiences and sales objectives in support of cross-LOB pipeline and revenue goals
- Help define marketing programme architecture, successful creation and roll-out of both highly-targeted and broad-based demand gen programmes that engage and evolve interest across the prospect lifecycle and/or customer journey
- Be able to get inside the minds of the buyers to facilitate authentic conversations and timely promotions that move buyers through the funnel with greater velocity and precision
- Own deliverables across the entire marketing funnel (Inquiry – Sales Qualified Lead), track and optimize performance at each stage in the funnel, and create a predictable and healthy demand engine while achieving engagement goals with named/targeted accounts
- Continually optimize online & offline programmes to ensure customer acquisition costs are in line with return on investment goals
- Collaborate with a team of internal marketing programme managers, senior telemarketing manager and external vendors and budget to accomplish goals
- Always be reinforcing best practices while evaluating the latest B2B marketing strategies, growth technologies, experimenting and optimizing different tactics, and consistently meet or exceed pipeline and revenue goals
- Analyze campaign outcomes in detail, drawing insights and presenting results clearly to facilitate sound decision making and next steps
- Understand lead scoring and complex B2B sales revenue lifecycle including MQL-SQL handoffs and have at least a baseline knowledge of CRM systems
- Have a creative, yet data-driven mindset that drives open dialog and healthy debate
- Collaborate with regional, cross-LOB marketing teams in their efforts to generate new leads and move existing pipeline to ensure sharing of knowledge and best practices while identifying opportunities for cross-LOB collaboration
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the GBS Demand Generation machine (Programmes + Telemarketing) is operating efficiently and tuned for high performance
- Leveraging your knowledge of customer and persona-driven strategies, including ABM, to design, execute, optimize, and report back on key initiatives
- Partnering with Solutions Marketing to map buyer journeys for demand generating key plays and create actionable plans across buying centers that drive engagement and conversion
- Developing and executing robust, multi-channel campaigns focused on acquiring new customers, migrating existing customers and expanding growth within existing accounts
- Monitoring marketing campaigns and activities, relentlessly testing and optimizing campaigns, refining processes, and implementing leading best practice using all available tools
- Providing executive-level transparency of demand generation and marketing results on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Working closely with BDR leadership to ensure sufficient volumes of high-quality leads to support outbound efforts
- Building, launching and maintaining automated lead nurturing programmes to accelerate prospect movement through the demand generation funnel
- Partnering with Marketing Operations to ensure key systems (Marketo, Salesforce) effectively support demand generation efforts and optimize the end-to-end lead management process
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience
- 10+ years of experience in a SaaS-based B2B demand generation or ABM role
- Proven track record designing and executing innovative account-based marketing programmes.
- Data-driven & extremely organized
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with others
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Marketo (or equivalent Marketing Automation platform) and Salesforce.com
- Previous experience with budget and resource management responsibilities
- Experience working with in-house or external telemarketing agencies a plus
- Significant experience working with dynamic teams and internal stakeholder groups
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.