At Bottomline we believe the way Businesses & Banks process payments should be much simpler, faster & more secure. Specifically, the manner in which they pay, and get paid. Many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology, processes & practices, which present a massive opportunity to create new and innovative ways to solve these challenges.
We know that in the US markets alone, there is about $3T of outstanding debt owed to companies and the reasons why are lead by lack of innovation within banking systems, dependencies on manual processes and data that lives across disparate systems. We know customers are seeking answers to these challenges and we believe Bottomline is uniquely positioned to deliver a new and industry disruptive solution. We are a trusted partner with strong and proven capabilities. Through this opportunity, we will deepen customer relationships and deliver a meaningful solution that offers reliability, predictability and transparency in the way businesses get paid.
As a Product Owner, you’ll get the opportunity to drive growth and innovation for Bottomline’s Integrated Receivables business. The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and organizational skills to drive forward a best-in-class product. Serving suppliers and their customers, this person will work closely with creative engineers, product managers, and cross-functional teams to help design and develop technologies that will improve our customers’ ability to manage their cash.
- Contribute to defining the overall product strategy
- Monitor product performance; identify, prioritize and drive opportunities for product enhancements
- Conduct customer-centric, data-driven product discovery, including regularly observing customer interactions and conducting customer interviews
- Manage the risk in new product efforts; measure and report results.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across Bottomline’s businesses to ensure your features are the best possible market fit
- Create and manage the roadmap, backlog, and sprint plans for your scrum team in concert with the overall product strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of UX designers, engineers and QA to ensure delivery against product roadmap
- Drive transparency to backlog detail, progress, roadblocks, etc. (across partners, Agile teams, senior leadership, etc.).
- Lead by example and hold your team accountable to delivering outcomes that matter
- Demonstrated experience driving ambiguous issues to resolution
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated experience defining and delivering a roadmap of features that achieve business goals
- Experience proposing and analyzing product KPIs
- Experience with Scrum and Scrum software tools
- Prior experience with financial supply chain solutions providers, ACH, wire, or card payment technology and/or fintech experience a plus.