Position Title: Product Owner
The Product Owner - Working with your Product Management colleagues, you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and managing client expectations. You will be the primary Product Owner for a dedicated scrum team to deliver broad market functionality with required configurable flexability to meet the variable needs of our diverse financial instituation customer base. You will assist in preparation of the Go to Market materials for our marketing team, and assist with training our sales and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Owner is responsible for owning the release backlog for a particular scrum team and working with the team as they develop stories, use cases and functional specifications for our Digital Banking IQ ( Enterprise) application.
You’ll work in conjunction with the Product Development and Product Management teams to help define and document the detailed requirements needed to create world class payment and cash management products. Once a release backlog is defined and stories are ready to execute, you will continue to assist the release process and work with the technical leads to deliver high quality software.
As a Product Owner, you’re expected to understand Treasury Management solutions and our target market. The Product Owner will use that knowledge to facilitate the growth of our product suite.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather business requirements and communicate those to the broader product management team and your scrum team
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of product stories, use cases and functional specifications.
- Work with the team to deliver “ready” Epics and user stories
- Work with Product Development to accurately document functional requirements within the stories that make up the scrum teams backlogs.
- Understand and communicate the impact of changes to the requirements.
- Increase personal technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Work with product marketing and technical writers to assist with marketing, training, and end user documentation.
- Assist in training the implementation and support teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the area of focus for the scrum team for client project questions and issues.
- Understand velocity of the team to assist with prioritizing the backlogs, assist the team in determining how much can be taken into a given sprint cycle, determine when work is considered “done”.
- Ability to make key product decisions within a given sprint cycle.
- 3+ years managing technology products and success defining and launching products
- 2+ years Demonstrable knowledge of SDLC, Product Lifecycle Management
- Ability to lead a team and execute.
- Knowledge of leading and executing in an agile methodology using Scrum.
- Training in analytical processes such as story creation, use case definitions or interview techniques.
- Ability to capture use requirements for an application to drive user story creation
- Strong written communication skills. (MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel & Word)
- Knowledge and experience in the use of JIRA
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of designing software solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- Familiarity with web-based software and relational databases.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of most concepts, practices, and procedures of banking and financial services industries.
- Ability to interact with client management and implementation teams.
- Ability to manage difficult customer expectations in a professional manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Individual must have a strong quality focus
- Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines consistently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to demonstrate product in front of large groups
- Testing and validation experience is desired
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or technology related field