QA Automation Engineer (Data Analytics)
Bottomline is seeking an experienced functional Quality Assurance Engineer in Bangalore, India office location to develop test strategy and automation testing for our data and analytics platform.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for understanding Bottomline’s data and analytics platform and vision in detail and devising the test strategy/planning, the test cases and sign-off processes with stakeholders, and contributing to code level unit tests, test execution, test automation and reporting. This is a hands-on position for delivering a quality SaaS product.
The QA automation engineer for data analytics will ensure that the mechanisms are in place for the data team to set up tests, run them and ultimately control and ensure high quality production data systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set up a framework for BDD
- Create the step mappings for writing natural language (e.g. Gherkin) tests by developers
- Create a reporting system for test results
- Control the automation and running of tests in continuous deployment pipelines
- Set up control gates for continuous integration of code and deployment to different environments
- Liaise with development team in creation of appropriate tests for code
- Liaise with wider BT QA team to ensure compliance with quality monitoring standards
- Work with Data Ops engineer to set up, maintain and monitor data quality framework
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT, mathematics or related field
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in testing software
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle processes and agile development
- Strong experience with BDD using Python or Java
- Experience using SQL and python/ruby
- Experience in generating and customizing automation reports;
- Experience in API testing of data and analytical technologies
- Must possess strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing test cases and automating them, covering both sanity and in-depth testing including and not limited to boundary, negative, compatibility and concurrency tests
About CapitalCloud, A Bottomline Company:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.