Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Information Security Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us.
Bottomline Technologies is seeking an Information Security Systems Engineer (InfoSec) to join its global security team. This position ensures the proper deployment, operation, and maintenance of security programs that provide: patch/vulnerability management, malware/virus protection, and security incident response. The engineer, in partnership with product development and solution delivery teams will identify, evaluate, and implement security controls to continuously improve the organizations security.
How you’ll contribute:
- Actively manage projects and drive security vulnerability remediation efforts across the organization
- Collaborate with product development and solution delivery teams to provide expertise and support for information security matters
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations function
- Contribute to security planning, assessment, risk analysis, certification, and awareness activities for network and system operations
- Continuously assess, measure, and monitor information technology risk by performing network and system vulnerability assessments
- Identify weak or missing security controls and vulnerabilitie
- Research and evaluate current or emerging security technologies to support cybersecurity initiative
- Maintain compliance to security policies, standards, procedures
- Manage cybersecurity compliance activities and implement improvements where needed
- Responsible for identifying and collecting relevant information security metrics
- Measure performance indicators of program activities and effectively communicate status to stakeholders
- Review existing policies and procedures and work with management to keep them updated
- Support incident response processes
- Stay abreast of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and be active in the security community
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business units
- Proactively supports, trains, and motivates less experienced team members
- Participate in special projects and other duties as required
What will make you successful:
- Extensive experience working in the FinTech Industry – within an Information Security role
- Ability to support off-hours, weekends, and holidays if needed in support of incident response
- Strong knowledge and experience with security patch and vulnerability scanners
- Administration of Linux and Windows systems, networks, DNS, firewalls, and web servers; Linux administration
- Experience with log aggregation and SIEM tools
- Working knowledge of cryptography algorithms and protocols
- IDS/IPS, traffic collection, correlation, and analysis tools
- Strong understanding of industry standards and frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, OWASP, PCI DSS)
- Good understanding of FFIEC, GLBA, and HIPAA regulations
- Experience with scripting languages and text manipulation tools; Java Python, RDBMS (SQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Strong experience with application servers (i.e. WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS, WebMethods, etc.)
- Experience working in financial technology, banking, or financial services
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, IT/MIS, Information Assurance, or equivalent work experience required
- Active industry recognized security certifications such as CISSP, CRISC, GESC, GCIH, CEH or PMP is preferred
- Useful techs: Java, Python, C#, SQL, Oracle, Linux Administration
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.