Position Title: Director Engineering
Exp: 12+ yrs
Manages and coordinates a major development activity within a broader function. Defines objectives and plans for their attainment. Applies broad management skills, functional expertise and knowledge to subordinate managers and staff members. In charge of a variety of activities including planning, work organization and methods, determining priorities, budget and control. Usually directs a large group of employees and manages through subordinate managers. Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce. Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members. Oversees the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. Manages a team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, maintenance, documentation, sustaining, and support of software. Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks, and prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
You will also be expected to help Bottomline with the transformation of our practices and procedures as we become the best SaaS provider in the verticals we serve while also helping create new and exciting products and features that provide exceptional value to our customers.
- Develops long-range plans and creates specific strategies to achieve goals.
- Responsible for establishing objectives for product and/or project groups and manages these groups to ensure that goals are met within specified timeframe with quality standards.
- Participates in and is accountable for cross functional initiatives and collaboration, which may have significant impact on business results.
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within functional area.
- Implements operational policies and directives and communicates progress toward goals and objectives.
- Anticipates future business needs, makes decisions and implements policies that affect areas of the Business Unit.
- Provides innovative solutions to unusually complex and sensitive problems. Requires ingenuity and creativity.
- Serves as a technical consultant and technical leader.
- Develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, and communicates progress toward career development and goals.
- Help Bottomline evolve and grow
Exp and Skills Required:
- Experience in leading development teams for SaaS application and platform/Services development using Java/J2EE/.Net, Oracle/SQLServer/NoSQL DB and OO technologies
- Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies, start-up setup, quick prototyping and ability to define overall approach to drive project delivery
- Strong experience in dealing with performance, scalability, distributed caching, Web Services and open source technologies
- Experience with SaaS applications, Cloud computing using Java and Microsoft technologies
- Experience in Financial domain, Banking solutions and payment automation will be an added advantage
- Working experience in an offshore product setup with collaboration with distributed teams will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Good experience in project and people management using Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Be process-compliant in performing assigned tasks and ensuring quality of project deliverables. Drive new process ideas in his/her work area
- Experience in managing first line managers and senior Individual contributors directly. Own performance appraisal and compensation responsibility for the team members under the guidance of supervisor/ People Success team
- Ability to identify and successfully groom new leaders in technical area for handling higher level of responsibilities.
- BE or higher in computer science, engineering or relevant field
About CapitalCloud, A Bottomline Company:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Help build team and induction of new members. Own performance appraisal responsibilities for the team members under the guidance of supervisor/ Human Resources.
Ability to identify and successfully groom new leaders in technical area for handling higher level of responsibilities.