Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Technical Author to innovate, win, and grow with us.
To work as a member of the Development team on Bottomline’s exciting and innovative Payments and Financial Document Automation SaaS solutions. Working in an Agile scrum team on these solutions, the successful candidate will bring their enthusiasm and extensive experience to the role, working to advance our technical documentation. They will be responsible for planning, writing and editing software installation, configuration and operational procedures for a variety of software applications.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work within an Agile environment to produce high quality technical documentation
- Conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users
- Recommend formats appropriate to technical and customer requirements
- Produce products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
- Assist in the estimation and planning of future work
- Participate in release testing
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work with other technical authors to advance our technical documentation standards and processes
- Create and track documentation tasks in Jira
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to translate, statistically analyse data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Expertise with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expertise with HTML and XML editors
- Expertise with writing documentation for APIs
- Ability to accurately interpret technical material and information
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and work successfully in an evolving environment
- High degree of self-motivation and strong orientation toward teamwork
- Knowledge of structuring content into topics for reuse; deliverables include user guides, functional specifications, deployment guides, case studies, and code samples
- Solid command of the English language and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in written form
- Familiarity with version control systems and content management systems
- Expertise with Atlassian tools
- Expertise with MadCap Flare
- Expertise with ReadMe
- Minimum of five years in advanced-level technical writing
- Working on an Agile team
- Working in a SaaS company with modern tools
- Financial domain experience, specifically payments (Domestic, International, Wire)
- Good degree in a numerate discipline or equivalent experience
- CSM or other Agile training
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.