Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Principle Software Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us.
You will be working as a key member of an agile development team on exciting products for a growing Fintech company. You will bring your enthusiasm and experience of software development and the design of complex solutions to the role. Working closely with the Senior Engineers, DevOps and the Principle Architect you will design new and evolve existing systems helping to drive them through to Production. You will be responsible for delivering great product investigating new technologies, developing prototypes and new capabilities and leading the teams on best practice.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Principle Architect, DevOps and Senior Engineers to design solutions and deliver great product
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Create and maintain Architectural documentation
- Present approaches to the broader team and stakeholders
- Mentor and Coach the teams on best practice
- Work with Product and Development management on release estimation and high level evaluation of potential new projects
- Assist in estimation and planning of future work within a scrum project framework.
- Contribute as a member of the development team to planned work
- Provide peer code reviews.
- Continuously update technical expertise.
- Present new product functionality and architecture to other development and business groups within the company.
- Record activity and re-estimate work remaining on project tasks.
Skills and Experience
- Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Oracle DB
- Customer Facing API design
- Micro services
- Authentication approaches (Oauth2, OpenID Connect)
- RESTful Services
- ORM Technologies (JPA/Hibernate)
- .Net / C#
- Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Open Source RDBMS (e.g. Postgres)
- Elastic Search
- Message Queues(RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience in designing Java based hosted software solutions
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience developing Java and/or .Net applications
- Hands-on experience in J2EE/Java development
- Experience of Micro Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes (ideally in Private Cloud scenarios)
- Agile methodologies
- Creation of RESTful services
- Experience with .Net
- Experience using Maven, Spring DI, Spring boot, Keycloak
- Java Multithreaded programming
- Financial Domain experience, specifically:
- Payments (Domestic, International, Open Banking/PSD2)
- Development using TDD/BDD
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.