Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Paymode-X Business Solutions group. The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts, database validation testing, services testing, application and web testing. The engineer will participate in all phases of a project, from business requirements review, design, to final system testing and launch, as well as providing production support for the PBS (Paymode Business Solutions) application and client base.
The PBS group develops the best in class B2B settlement network (Paymode-X) that is the biggest and fastest growing settlement network!
This position can be located anywhere within the US, East Coast preferred
How you’ll contribute:
- Analyze functional business requirements for completeness and test case preparation
- Communicate and interact effectively with test engineers, developers and management
- Create/write automated test scripts for execution based on Business Requirements
- Execute test scripts and identify variations from expected results
- Interface and coordinate research/resolution of issues with the Customer Support, Development, and Product Management teams
- Keep management informed of testing project status, raise issues/risks as necessary
- Create/track/retest software defects in designated defect tracking tool
- Work closely with development and product management staff to discuss defects and resolutions
- Participate in and provide input during QA process improvement initiatives
What will make you successful:
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance, engineering support, or technical support environment or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Java programming experience for complex cloud based systems
- Extensive experience in browser-based test automation using Selenium and TestNG
- Hands-on experience with electronic and invoice payment platforms, preferred
- Applied knowledge of Electronics Payments technology, highly preferred
- Experience collaborating with offshore resources toward a shared software delivery goal
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of lifecycle management tools
- Ability to author, review and execute test cases and test scripts
- The ability to execute existing queries as well as write SQL queries of varying complexity
- Solid knowledge to interpret results, identify trends and communicate appropriately
- Understanding of software QA processes and methodologies/tools
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS or related engineering/science field
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBottomline
Keywords: Automation, Java, Selenium