Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to innovate, win, and grow with us.
Who are our customers?
Banks, FI’s, PSP’s & MNC’s - Over 11K worldwide have the targeted size and profile.
What sort of products would you work on?
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skillset and interest you could be working on anything from designing new propositions, specifying product features and translating market development strategy into technical products and implementation, building a roadmap to migrate existing legacy components onto SaaS technologies, and building and supervising a roadmap of new functionalities in the area of Payments.
Ultimately, we are looking to enable innovation and reduce the risk, cost and complexity by providing Payment solutions to our customers that ultimately drives revenue for Bottomline.
How do we “do” Product Management in Bottomline?
At Bottomline we have a growing world class team and we’re looking for an exceptional Product Manager to join us to own the design and specification of new Products aligned with the Payment Market development strategy, jointly defined with the Market Development team; optimising existing ones; and solving some of the most interesting, diverse and challenging problems we have.
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long-term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve real business problems and surprise and delight our customers. At Bottomline, we are on an unrelenting quest to continuously improve, innovate and invent to create products that delight.
As a Product Manager, you'll be focused on helping identifying promising business area, translating business needs into technological design, controlling build-up and delivery, elaborating roadmap to meet business objectives and ensuring that Bottomline delivers the best, most innovative solution to meet the market opportunity, drives new revenue streams and provide customer loyalty and growth.
What do we look for in a Product Manager?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. Bottomline is in transition, they will need to evolve, grow and adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
Working in the sophisticated area of Payments, expertise and knowledge of this environment is required either directly (i.e. working formerly in a bank in the Payments space) or indirectly (i.e. working for banks in the Payment space).
They must be smart, creative, persistent, curious and commercial. They understand the technology in the Payments Space and they have a background sufficient to understand and combine technology and business, that underpin the solutions.
They believe strongly in the problem to be solved and the business opportunity to be exploited, that they always find a way to succeed.
They are the type of person who is constantly questioning and know that “there is always a better way” – whether that’s how a customer’s process works or how we solve a problem.
In addition, they will be the Product Champion throughout the lifecycle of the Product Family and will become an expert in the features, benefits and capacities of the Bottomline FM portfolio, using inputs from customer, the market, and business teams. The role focuses on helping identifying customers’ needs and by translating payment trends and regulatory needs into technical design and product features and by delivering compelling business offerings.
This role is designed to help positioning Bottomline for market growth in the changing Payments and Banking landscape and to deliver against compelling events such as scheme ubiquity, ISO 20022, PSD2/Open Banking, NPA.
We are seeking to address two primary objectives from this role:
- Design and specify Payment products for the FM markets according to market development strategy
- Build a roadmap to manage the migration of existing Payment features to SaaS
Having experience in either of these areas and adoption of services and solutions, would make you stand out from the crowd.
In this role, you will:
- Have full ownership of designing and specifying solutions that meet the Market Development objectives to deliver the best possible business and customer solution. This will require a skill in working across depts and breaking down hurdles & barriers to achieve your goals.
- Translate the strategic vision into technological features at the core of propositions, in particular leveraging new technologies to help drive control and efficiency for our customers.
- Manage the full product lifecycle.
- Create a roadmap to ensure timely deliverables, working with our customers, stakeholders and global teams to align to business goals, while creating space and quick wins for short-term gains.
- Bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach, working closely with the Development Team and other Product Team members to have a detailed understanding of the problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Help lead the way for how we approach new markets, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers.
Experience and Attributes
Typically, as a Product Manager they would need to articulate how they would:
- Understand the business needs and/or the regulatory drivers in the Payment space
- Translate and design the market development strategy into SaaS or hybrid product features - in particular leveraging new technologies to help drive control and efficiency for our customers
- Manage end-to-end the product build-up and delivery through a well-defined roadmap and documentation – and bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to Customers and internal stakeholders
- Ensuring operational readiness, security, and support readiness
- Build a roadmap around the migration of legacy features onto the SaaS
- Help generating revenue growth, in-line with the company target of 20%
- Lead the way for how we approach new products, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers
- Optimise the performance of our products against key customer and business metrics
- Provide lots of examples of defining and building great experiences for customers, and answering all of the difficult questions that came up
- Balance and solving complex problems within a fast-changing environment
- Operate outside of their comfort zone and deal with ambiguity by reacting quickly to the needs of the customer and to a transitioning business
Secondly, we want them to bring their broad product management knowledge to bear, the core knowledge areas that we see as important are;
- Ownership / custodian
- Entrepreneurial / commercial drive
- Strong focus on customer value propositions and packaging up technology to solve an identified problem
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate virtual team
- Experience in Digital, Cloud, scheme, PSD2/Open Banking and ISO 20022 adoption
- Empathy for sales and technology
- Customer facing
- B2B and B2B2C expertise
- Business/Banking understanding
- New Product Development
- Work at pace
- Take loosely defined concepts and define product features for Bottomline, customer and the end user
- Have experience and working within the parameters of a Pragmatic Framework
- Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative – able and willing to share best practise
- KPI tracking / meet and exceed targets
- Product management
- Roadmap definition
Finally, and we do think of them in this order, we would like them to have some domain skills and experience. Not all of these are relevant for every role however it provides a flavour:
- FinTech and Financial Services market exposure
- Serving financial solutions to Financial Institutions and large Multi-National Corporates
- Familiarity with the world of Payments and the associated processes
- Familiarity with how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS Technology, APIs, Data & Insight, Cash Management, ISO adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.