Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid securely. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a VP Research & Development to innovate, win, and grow with us in Or Yehuda, Israel.
As a member of the Cyber Fraud and Risk Management team you are passionate about empowering the team, coding and cutting edge technology. You have experience in building and scaling best in class technology teams and have a deep understanding of SaaS technologies and concepts.
How you’ll contribute:
- Lead true SaaS solutions involving risk scoring of real-time international and domestic transactions.
- End-to-End responsibility for the company's R&D vision, performance and deliverable's.
- You'll define the platform R&D team growth plan and strategy, and managing the R&D team budget.
- Manage, coach and mentor the developers and management layer.
- Work with the global company teams and implement uniform standards
- Interact with all relevant stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Actively promote a positive work environment and create harmony within and between teams.
- Work closely with product managers and senior management to form and implement the company's strategy.
What will make you successful:
- Experience leading large Software Engineering teams of 40+ team members
- 10 years of software engineering experience, including knowledge in: Java, Microservices and APIs, CI/CD, Docker/Kubenetes and scalability
- Proven track record starting new initiatives and leading them to success
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, coding standards, design patterns and one development methodologies such as Agile
- Experience with building and running highly available and scalable services using Cloud Platforms
- Experience and knowledge in Banking/Financial Institutions domain is an advantage
- Experience working in a global company and interacting with different functions
- A people’s person with a desire to grow and promote people, both individually and as a team