Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer satisfaction, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Operations and Digital Transformation to innovate, win, and grow with us in our Portsmouth, NH office.
Through close collaboration with the CMO and broader executive team, the Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Operations and Digital Transformation, will design, develop and execute a marketing operations and digital transformation strategy, leveraging, people, tools, tech, data and insights to drive top line organic growth through marketing.
This role is a critical part of Bottomline’s marketing efforts and requires exceptional strategic leadership and stakeholder management skills, a strong vision on the future of MarTech and digital marketing, and both a business and technical understanding of how marketing operations and digital marketing can increase customer delight, improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness, and fuel demand to impact business growth.
This is an ideal position for someone who understands the power of data and analytics as a core part of marketing. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about the future of marketing, MarTech, and revenue operations – understanding how the different levers in marketing work together to drive revenue.
This individual will own the development of an overarching global marketing operations and digital transformation strategy. They will be responsible for cultivating a world-class marketing operations and digital marketing team and work collaboratively with other functions to ensure a best-in-class digital experience across all customer and prospect touchpoints. They will lead the selection and deployment of all tools and technology and manage marketing data, analytics and reporting.
Deep engagement and collaboration across functions and lines of business are critical. This individual will bring outside-in inspiration and innovations to both the role as well Bottomline’s broader marketing efforts. This role requires both strong strategic vision and also deep operational experience.
Success will depend on the ability to set a vision and execute on it, the ability to take the organization on a journey as we embrace new routes to market explore new marketing channels. Superb communication, collaboration and business acumen are necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and develop a high performing global team of marketing operations and digital marketing executives, ensuring close collaboration within the team, across marketing, and across Bottomline as a whole.
- Act as a change agent, set the vision and plan for the future of marketing operations and digital transformation at Bottomline. Operationalize and execute on plan with excellence.
- Own the marketing revenue operations lifecycle, defining the processes, tools, and training to ensure closed-loop reporting on marketing investments and ROI. Own the continual optimization of marketing operations and drive tangible improvements in marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop a marketing insights and analytics function to leverage data more effectively. Develop executive dashboards and create a function to provide advanced marketing insights on top of the reporting.
- Drive a consistent, best-in-class experience for customers and prospects across all digital channels.
- Own the development and execution of all inbound demand generation strategies.
- Champion and develop a “digital first” mentality across the team.
- Oversee the budgeting and planning process for marketing.
- Manage external agencies in support of marketing objectives and ensure ROI from agency investment.
- A motivating executive capable of instilling excitement and inspiring others.
- Inspiring transformational leader and change agent capable of setting bold strategic vision/direction and then enabling and implementing change.
- Exceptional influencer - drives change through ideas, relationships and actions.
- Expert understanding of how marketing operations and digital marketing drive business growth.
- Proven campaign and digital strategy experience.
- Deep understanding of the global MarTech landscape. Known thought leader in the areas of MarTech and Digital Marketing.
- Strategic thinking. Ability to translate business objectives and priorities to communications goals and measurement. Translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Strong track record of driving results through effectively presenting to and influencing executives, peers, and boards.
- Experience working in a complex international matrix organization with diverse personalities and distinct needs.
- Industry experience in B2B Saas technology or software.
- Superior communications skills.
- Excellent organization, program, and process management skills.
- Metrics driven.
- Hands-on leadership and detail/process orientation.
- Budget and production schedule management. .
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing teams and individuals.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS Degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of communications and/or marketing experience including 10+ years leading a team in high-growth, innovative environments.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.