Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Chief Software Architect to provide technical and architecture standards for Bottomline’s Universal Platform as well as driving adoption across a number of products. The architect will have a deep understanding of how secure, scalable and robust enterprise SaaS applications are built. The Chief Software Architect would be an integral part of Bottomline’s organization through leading and influencing decision makers on the best ways to use technology to the company’s advantage.
This position can be based out of our Portsmouth, NH; Garden City, NY or Alpharetta, GA office
How you’ll contribute:
- Champion structure, process, best practices and architectural standards; explain business strategy to other architects and technical teams
- Know the product road map for relevant software vendors and understand the impact of vendor pricing on solutions (i.e. buy vs. build decisions)
- Regularly review ongoing implementations for opportunities for improvement
- Review designs with an understanding the impact and application of regulatory and internal policies (e.g. FFIEC, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, PCI-DSS, HIPPA and SLAs)
- Contribute to technical project management
- Actively mentor and lead a group of Software and Principal Architects
- Regularly participate, and when necessary, lead in architectural design at both the lowest levels within an application as well as high-level construct and integration points
What will make you successful:
- An extensive technical background in the IT industry with strong technical leadership/architecture background in PaaS/SaaS software development
- A strong background designing and delivering large-scale distributed systems
- Current experience applying new and emerging technologies such as, but not limited to: Blockchain, AI/Machine Learning and Quantum Computing
- Expert understanding of security, reliability, scalability, high availability and concurrency architectural patterns in solutions
- Expert in solution design across the full technology stack, including for public and hybrid cloud deployments.
- Expert in patterns and solutions that enable evolutionary architectures, leveraging flexibility and creativity when balancing the present technologies with emerging ones when formulating new strategies.
- Extensive experience with at least one major IaaS and/or PaaS technology (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Influential speaker and an expert in designing and delivering presentations
- Possess a mastery in the application of service-based, object-based, and component-based modeling
- Able to model the components of applications and infrastructure and identify and outline points of integration; understand the value and importance of data and data analytics
- BS or MS in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT