To provide first class general ledger management and control as part of the SSC team. The role will include manager the GL close process, local statutory account filing and accounting for payroll and associated costs. Must be used to working to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. Previous experience of developing teams is also critical.
- Managing a team of 4 Accountants and 1 Accounts Payable Manager
- Responsibility for G/L accounting and Balance Sheet reconciliations across a range of accounts in EMEA
- Own and drive improvements with the monthly/quarterly and annual close(s) to tight deadlines and assist with reporting to the US parent.
- Final review of expenses across UK and Swiss entities, working closely with FP&A to compare versus budget and forecast.
- Oversee payroll and vacation accounting for the UK entity
- Ownership of UK local audit requirements, including statutory accounts
- Multiple ad-hoc projects as required in a fast-paced acquisitive environment – M&A, accounting standards changes, office moves, system improvements, etc
- Work closely with Enterprise Applications team to drive any process improvements on ERP and integrated applications
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure, vendors and employees are paid on time and costs are accurately recorded in the correct period
- Chair monthly finance close meetings
Ongoing support to the commercial team as appropriate
Develop a monthly reporting pack to support EY quarterly reporting process. Continue to develop and improve AX close routines and controls
Support finance led cost control initiatives and improve statutory filing process to minimise audit fees
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar role
- Team management/ development experience
- Background within the finance functions of a European technology company
- US GAAP experience in a software/technology environment (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of financial controls
- Strong financial systems skills
- Shared Service Centre Experience
- ACCA or CIMA qualified