You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the Bottomline Transaction Centre (BTC) system software, primarily our.Net process management systems and OCR data capture solution.
This business area is going through significant change as our customer processes change from paper-based operations to electronic processes with more emphasis on Cloud services but with tight integration to existing system. The role will require significant input into the technologies and architecture that should be used to deliver these services.
- Work with the team and to design and develop high quality features and enhancements
- Assist in estimation and planning of future work
- Provide maintenance for the internal software applications
- Provide support for software and services and assist the Technical Operations and Production teams with relevant service issues.
- Create test plans and perform unit testing
- Contribute to the creation of automated integration and system tests
- Promote code to live in accordance with the Service Centre’s release guidelines.
- Write and maintain system specifications and documentation
- To assist the support teams with relevant product issues that may be raised with 3rd line support
Degree level/ equivalent
- Proven ability to design and develop Enterprise software products
- Proficient experience and in-depth knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC
- Proficient Entity Framework, MS SQL and T-SQL
- Development of multi-threaded applications
- Source control using Git, Subversion, Team Foundation Server
- Ability to understand and convert business requirements into logical solutions
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good logic and numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills and able to work systematically
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to mentor/train other developers
- Ability to create and perform high quality unit testing
You're good at:
- ANSI SQL queries, stored procedures, use of cursors with MySQL/MariaDB and MS SQL Server
- Windows Service development
- Can work in a team or autonomously.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, MS Office etc
- Development of n-tier distributed applications
- Worked in a service delivery environment
- Experience using SCP/SFTP/SSH and associated .Net libraries
- Experience with Web Services
- Experience developing financial AP processing systems