Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us. The position is ideally based in the Midwest or West Coast, supporting our Midwest to Western US markets.
As a member of Paymode-X Team you will be focused on driving new Paymode-X sales in partnership with the direct sales team by participating throughout the sales cycle: pre-sales qualification, business driver identification, solution requirements and technical guidance. You will work with customer to understand the client’s organization, interfacing with decision makers and influencers. You will actively build and maintain relationships and serve as a trusted advisor to the client and evoke confidence in the ability to solve business challenges. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to discover business requirements, develop a sales strategy, configure and demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
How you’ll contribute:
- Develop and expand relationships with sales teams to increase sales volume through each channel
- Support sales teams throughout entire sales process from discovery through contract presentment
- Conduct demonstrations of the Paymode-X products and act as the subject matter expert to help overcome objections
- Configure data and workflow setups in demonstration systems to model client requirements and ensure the best representation of the platform’s capabilities
- Coordinate with product management and delivery teams to keep demonstration systems current with the latest product releases and enhancements
- Create Value Propositions and other artifacts as needed to generate new business.
- Work with clients to suggest alternative workflows to minimize customization and maximize use of the Paymode-X platform
- Partner with internal and third-party experts to generate integration guides and other technical collateral to help accelerate time to first payment
- Continuously improve internal processes, particularly in the areas of sales support
- Bring prospect feedback related to technical and product enhancements to the Product Management team for consideration
What will make you successful:
- 8+ years of computer software sales and/or service experience, preferably in the comprehensive payables management or commercial card space. Experience with invoice and payment automation a plus.
- Highly effective sales, relationship building and motivational skills
- Excellent follow up skills and bring a sense of urgency in answering questions, resolving issues/questions, as well as coordinating internal cross functional teams to appropriately respond to needs
- Proven ability to assess sales strategy strengths and gaps, and make suggestions for process improvement
- Highly organized and capable of working effectively individually and across functional groups
- Impeccable verbal, written and presentation communication skills using the MS Office suite (email, documents, presentations), with rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets
- Travel up to 60%
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT
[SaaS, FinTech, Sales, Pre-Sales, Solution Consultant]