Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Principal Architect to innovate, win and grow with us as part of a group of highly-skilled Software Architects that work across all different areas of our business. As a Principal Architect, you will be expected to help Bottomline with the transformation of our practices and procedures as we become the best SaaS provider in the verticals we serve- while also helping to create new and exciting products/features that delight our customers.
This position can be based out of our Portsmouth, NH; South Portland, ME; Garden City, NY or our Alpharetta, GA office
How you’ll contribute:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use practical skills and experience to design and architect solutions, lead the implementation teams through the full life-cycle of the application development and deployment
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
What will make you successful:
- Proven experience collaborating to create/develop/delivering new innovative products or features
- Proven experience as software architect, building resilient, highly available multi-tenant web-based applications
- Proven experience working with moving workloads to Public Cloud Providers (AWS primary)
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Java, .NET etc.)
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, ORM technologies (Hibernate), Elasticsearch
- Experience with Web Services and EAI patterns
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/AI
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with microservices architectures and decomposition of monolithic applications
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- BS/BA or higher in computer science, engineering or relevant field
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.
Start your #LifeAtBT
Keywords: Java, Spring Boot, Machine Learning, AWS, PostgreSQL, Microservices