An opportunity has arisen to join Bottomline Technologies as a Technical Consultant in the fastest growing business unit within the group. This role will offer extensive responsibility from day one as you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that customers are getting the most out of the payments and cash management products offered by Bottomline Technologies.
You will work with the leading products that Bottomline Technologies offers. It will be your responsibility to implement the finished product and ensure it is configured to customer’s requirements. You will also brief the customer so that they have a full understanding of the product and analyse and resolve any technical issues or glitches that may arise.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Working with senior consultants to design and develop solutions based on customer business requirements and to document these.
- Gather, influence and document customer business and functional requirements, in the form of User Requirements Documents and subsequent Solution Design Documents
- Supporting customers during the testing phases of projects
- Investigation and analysis of technical issues as they arise with a focus on the configuration of deployments into customers
- Deliver both remote and customer based consultancy on the configured solution
In order to apply, candidates must have:
- Achieved a 2.1 in their undergraduate degree in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science
- Good experience in Java programming language and SQL
- A demonstrable understanding of computers, with a focus on Windows servers and networks
- Good understanding of browsers and their behaviour
- Experience of Linux/Unix (command line), scripting and file transfer protocols (SFTP,FTP)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A passion for problem solving
- Experience in Financial Services, ideally with SWIFT, and different UK payment schemes (FPS, CHAPS, BACS)
- Ideally experience from a Financial Services Software or Solutions provider