Bottomline is an energetic and rapidly expanding company which has been at the forefront of business payments for financial institutions and corporates for 30 years. Our exciting graduate programme offers exceptional opportunities for talented graduates to build a career within the fast paced and innovative financial technologies (FinTech) sector.
The Marketing position focuses on creating, delivering and executing marketing campaigns supporting all areas of the Bottomline business to help achieve revenue objectives and build the Bottomline brand in multiple markets. The role will provide an ideal grounding for someone looking to pursue a career in marketing with real responsibility and senior stakeholder management.
The successful candidate will learn how to interpret business objectives, and help to turn these into effective and measurable marketing and communications campaigns in accordance with our strategic and financial targets.
The scope of marketing programmes the candidate will be involved in will range from tradeshows and seminars through to digital marketing and outbound demand generation. Innovation in marketing is a hallmark of our success at Bottomline and a candidate with flair, imagination, and confidence will find this an excellent opportunity to join a high performing and results-orientated global team.
Customer Centric Marketing
At Bottomline Technologies we pride ourselves on our commitment to customer experience. Our customer charter and a set of guiding principles are firmly established within our culture as well as a fundamental part of our corporate objectives. Within marketing we apply this charter at all levels of our work.
Main duties include:
- Assisting with the planning, management and delivery of marketing programmes against a required outcome and business goal
- Applying appropriate experience to determine the right activities, tactics and channels to reach the required audience
- Involvement in developing appropriate content – written / multimedia / advertising / online - to drive and nurture a campaign message throughout the buying cycle
- Assisting the GBS Marketing Director with a number of administrative duties including diary management
- Raising purchase orders and assisting with the day to day budget management for the GBS marketing team
- Assist planning, coordination and execution of customer events, conferences and tradeshows - support management of event operations (e.g. the facilities selection, contracting, pricing, transportation, accommodations, food and beverage selections and audio/visual service arrangements)
- Co-ordination of case studies and testimonials for both sales and marketing use; promoting how existing Bottomline customers are successfully utilising our solutions to effectively manage important payment processes
- Leveraging and utilising industry intelligence and marketing knowledge to add value to campaigns
- Responsibility for internal communications to promote awareness, progress and results of marketing programmes
This is a full-time position with occasional meetings in other Bottomline offices. There will be a requirement to travel within the UK and stay away on business on occasion.
- Some general marketing experience would be desirable with evidence of a passion for the discipline
- On track to receive a good degree with a 2:1 or above
- A strong communicator, with confidence to interact with audiences both within the marketing team and across the business
- Detail-oriented and highly numerate
- A motivated self-starter and problem solver
- Organised with exceptional time management skills
- Highly approachable and confident
- Customer focused
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Demonstrable writing capability, evidenced across a number of different channels
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office packages – Word / Excel / PowerPoint as a minimum
- Any experience with Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Experience in digital and website marketing
- Experience in event co-ordination
- Strong written skills including content generation