At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be much simpler, faster and more secure. Specifically, the manner in which they pay, and get paid, and many of the surrounding processes are mired in legacy technology and practices.
For our Payments market, we target FI’s and large, multi-national organisations with the objective of delivering our Universal Aggregator Service as the destination of choice. Our customer need is for solutions to give them connectivity, visibility and control over this complex playing field, on a global basis.
Our obsession is in solving these issues for our target markets. We believe that the advent of “smart” cloud technologies and a variety of overlay services, either from internal suppliers or trusted external parties, provides us with the right technology tools.
This means our customers are ripe for being disrupting with the intelligent application of the right technology.
If you are a Commercial Product Manager, maybe at the outset of your career or a more seasoned professional, and you feel like this is a mission you could help with then read on…
How do we “do” Market Development in Bottomline?
At Bottomline we have a growing world class team and we’re looking for an exceptional Commercial Product Manager to join us to own the launching of new Value Propositions; optimising existing ones; and solving some of the most interesting, diverse and challenging problems we have.
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve real business problems and surprise and delight our customers. At Bottomline, we are on an unrelenting quest to continuously improve, innovate and invent to create products that delight.
The engine room for this is our Product and Development organisation, to quote Marty Cagan;
“Great products require an intense collaboration of product management, design and engineering to solve real problems for our users and customers and to meet the needs of our business….
…...behind every great product there is someone – usually someone behind the scenes, working tirelessly – who led the product team to combine technology and design to solve real customer problems…...”
So, one person above all, needs to care about the financial, market, customer delight and operational success of a product. That person for us is The Product Manager.
As a Market Development Product Manager, you'll be focused on driving commercial engagements at both customer and business level and ensuring that Bottomline delivers the best, most innovative solution to meet the market opportunity, drives new revenue streams and provides customer loyalty and growth.
Typically, as a Market Development Product Manager you would need to articulate how to:
- Generate revenue growth, in-line with the company target of 20%
- Develop a strategic vision of how we can achieve best in class Value Propositions, in particular leveraging new technologies to help drive control and efficiency for our customers
- Create a Commercial Strategy and Roadmap that defines a long-term vision, working with Business stakeholders and global teams to align to business goals, while creating revenue opportunities
- Bring this Strategy and Roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to customers and internal stakeholders
- Lead the way for how we approach new markets, adapting our user journeys to meet local needs while still offering a fantastic service to our customers
- Optimise the performance of our products against key customer and business metrics
- Delight our customers with new, unique Value Propositions that help them make the most out of their money
- Provide lots of examples of defining and building great experiences for customers, and answering all of the difficult questions that arise
- Balance and solving complex problems within a fast-changing environment
- Operate outside of their comfort zone and deal with ambiguity by reacting quickly to the needs of the customer and to a transitioning business
Secondly, we want you to bring your broad commercial product management knowledge forward. The core knowledge areas that we see as important are:
- Ownership / custodian (Mini-MD)
- Entrepreneurial / commercial drive
- Strong focus on customer value propositions and packaging up technology to solve an identified problem
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate a virtual team
- Experience in Digital, Cloud, scheme, PSD2/Open Banking and ISO 20022 adoption
- Empathy for sales and technology
- Customer facing
- B2B and B2B2C expertise
- Business/corporate understanding
- New Product Development
- Work at pace
- Take loosely defined concepts and define value proposition for Bottomline, customer and the end user
- Have experience and working within the parameters of a Pragmatic Framework, (as defined above)
- Self-starter and delivery focused, actively collaborative – able and willing to share best practise
- KPI tracking / meet and exceed targets
- Campaign management
- Roadmap definition
Finally, and we do think of them in this order, we would like you to have some domain skills and experience. Not all of these are relevant for every role however it provides a flavour:
- FinTech and Financial Services market exposure
- Serving financial solutions to Financial Institutions and large multi-national corporates
- Familiarity with the world of Payments and the associated processes
- Familiarity with how Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions compete in a digital world
- Understand, and have experienced, the use of the latest technology to solve these issues in particular SaaS Technology, APIs, Data & Insight, ISO adoption, Machine Learning, Automation to name but a few
Who are our customers?
Banks, PSP's and MNC's - over 11K worldwide
What sort of products will you work on?
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose, and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skill-set and interest you could be working on anything from new business propositions, to building out the cloud connectivity platform to resolving how banks interact.
Ultimately, we are looking to enable payment innovations and reduce the risk, cost and complexity by providing payment solutions to our customers that drive revenue for Bottomline.