Vice President of Corporate Marketing
Through close collaboration with the CMO and broader executive team, the Vice President of Corporate Marketing will develop and execute on a communication strategy to successfully engage media, industry analysts, industry influencers and employees. This role is a critical part of Bottomline’s marketing efforts and requires exceptional strategic leadership, deep external media and influencer relationships, strong understanding of strategic communications, and the ability to drive communications efforts across multiple stakeholders and geographies that result in material business benefits.
- This is an ideal position for someone who understands the power of deeply integrated communications as a core part of marketing. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about communications, defining strategies, aligning and inspiring stakeholders and building a world-class corporate marketing program.
- This individual will own the development of an overarching global communications theme and brand strategy and work collaboratively with the lines of business to design the road-map for execution. They will be responsible for cultivating a world-class thought leadership program and provide guidance on best practices of product marketing and positioning to support demand generation and sales goals. They will work closely with HR to support our people strategies.
- Deep engagement and collaboration across functions and lines of business are critical. This individual will bring outside-in inspiration and innovations to both communications as well as Bottomline’s broader solution marketing efforts. This role requires both strong strategic vision and also deep operational experience.
Success will depend on effective communication, collaborative, cross functional definition and the alignment of strategies and priorities, as well as the delivery of programs that support concretely defined and measurable goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and develop a higher performing global team of communications professionals, ensuring close collaboration within the team, across marketing, and across Bottomline as a whole.
- Partner with the CMO, CEO and line of business executives to execute ongoing internal and external communications efforts and ensure alignment to the annual plan and corporate messaging.
- Own the communications strategy and goals and inspire the team to successfully deliver against them.
- Define and oversee the implementation of the global corporate and product PR messaging strategies on an annual basis. Adapt and adjust quarterly as needed.
- Through close collaboration with product management and marketing teams, set the annual AR priorities and execution plan.
- In partnership with HR and departmental communications leaders, set internal communications priorities for the company to drive the desired employee experience.
- Champion and develop a digital content and social led strategy for communications. Work closely with corporate brand and divisional campaign managers to execute digital led communications ‘playbooks’ for them to activate for campaigns.
- Oversee executive communications for key individuals including social strategy with support from executive communications specialists.
- Manage external agencies in support of corporate marketing objectives and ensure ROI from agency investment.
- Collaborate with HR on strategies and communications around Corporate reputation
- Oversee, provide guidance, and help innovate internal communications channels (existing and new), including intranet, digital signage, employee events, blogs, and more.
- Deliver ongoing reporting and measurement of communications efforts across PR, AR and Internal Communications. Work collaboratively with marketing operations on the creation of reports and manage associated vendor relationships.
- Design and implement a crisis management communication strategy including tactics for handling crisis communications and training executives on issue and response plans.
- Develop a media training approach and content plan including annual training updates for key spokespeople as needed.
- A motivating executive capable of instilling excitement and inspiring others.
- Inspiring transformational leader and change agent capable of setting bold strategic vision/direction and then enabling and implementing change.
- Exceptional influencer - drives change through ideas, relationships and actions.
- Proven cross-functional collaborator
- Deep understanding of the global media landscape, how the press works and what makes a compelling story for the press.
- Strong understanding of strategic internal communications and company-wide employee engagement.
- Strategic thinking. Ability to translate business objectives and priorities to communications goals and measurement. Translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Strong track record of driving results through effectively presenting to and influencing executives, peers, and boards.
- Experience working in a complex international matrix organization with diverse personalities and distinct needs.
- Industry experience in B2B SaaS technology or software.
- Superior communications skills with an emphasis on messaging and writing.
- Strong operational capability.
- Excellent organization, program, and process management skills.
- Metrics driven.
- Hands-on leadership and detail/process orientation.
- Budget and production schedule management. .
- Experience attracting, hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing teams and individuals.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS Degree, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of communications and/or marketing experience including 10+ years leading a team in high-growth, innovative environments.