The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including RRE Ventures, Greycroft, Coatue, and other leading investors. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
We are looking for an analytically minded, hands-on self-starter who will be part of our actuarial team supporting the Lead Actuary. You'll be responsible for understanding product performance, developing pricing models for new and existing products, and setting reserves across all products and geographies. You'll create tools and processes to roll-out rating programs for both admitted and non-admitted products. The team will have a large focus on modernizing actuarial best practices and procedures in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this role is tech-savvy, independent, driven, and optimistic—an independent thinker who is excited about changing the status quo, and wants to use their actuarial expertise and judgment to improve pricing, reserving, and program design.
- Build and evaluate pricing and reserving models.
- Enhance evaluation pipelines to translate model results into KPIs.
- Leverage internal and external data sources to engineer novel features to enhance risk segmentation.
- Build data processing pipelines to quickly iterate on research ideas and put them into production.
- Take end-to-end ownership of problem domains and continuously improve upon quantitative solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of P&C actuarial experience; ACAS equivalent, or greater.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to new technologies.
- Willing to work in New York City.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Comfortable using code to automate processes, promote reproducibility, and reduce the chance of error.
- Experience building, validating, and applying statistical methods to describe real world problems.
- Experience with reserving and/or claims-made products.
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus.
- Loves a good actuarial memo with exceptional documentation.
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Actuarial exam support
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend