The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including RRE Ventures, Greycroft, Coatue, and other leading investors. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
Working in the fast-paced role of Claims Analyst, you will review, analyze, and adjust various claims for our key partners. These claims will be handled with a keen focus on customer service and under a delegated authority. You will be responsible for the loss adjustment of these files and will be required to complete a detailed investigation of the loss, perform a full coverage analysis, obtain and review invoices, bills, and other documents, communicate directly and clearly with providers and vendors, negotiate, and conclude the file ensuring compliance with state and internal requirements.
- Complete investigations on all new claim files.
- Review and document coverage analysis on all claim files in a timely fashion.
- Provide a “Best in class” customer claims experience.
- Exercise critical thinking, time management, and negotiation skills during the course of the claim handling.
- Contact and discuss with vendors/providers key services as part of the claim’s investigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in claims adjusting (PL, CL, or Liability) or medical bill review.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with both internal and external customers providing excellent customer service.
- Pursuant to Company line of business and partner strategies and good faith settlement practices, investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles (within authorized authority levels) assigned claims.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to function with a high claim volume.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and detail while working claims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work in New York City or the Indianapolis, IN area full-time.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Adjuster licensing preferred, especially in NY or CA, but not required,.
- Experience as a Vet-Tech or Med-Tech or experience with Medical Billing review
- Experience handling Pet Claims is a plus
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus.
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend