The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including RRE Ventures, Greycroft, Coatue, and other leading investors. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
The Insurance Operations Analyst role offers an outside the box thinker the opportunity to be part of driving continued efficiencies throughout the insurance business. You will be working cross-functionally with Growth, Tech, and Ops to implement new products and partners, improve existing workflows and find automation opportunities where current manual work exists. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to react quickly to emerging issues and take on strategic projects that drive growth and operational efficiencies. This role is great for an individual who is resourceful and passionate for diving deep into new topics to become the subject matter expert.
Reporting directly to the Director of Insurance Operations, Boost’s Insurance Operations Analyst will play a critical role on the Insurance Team and be provided tremendous growth opportunities as Boost continues to scale.
- Help drive on-boarding and implementation of new insurance programs and partners
- Help create documentation of workflow, standard operating procedures and policies
- Build and integrate compliance controls to support Boost’s growing initiatives
- Review and streamline operational processes to continually improve the quality of support to the Insurance business, in partnership with Technology, Finance, and Data Analytics teams
- Execute important hands-on activities such as generating and mailing customer notices, running policy operations, and any ad hoc customer facing requirements not yet digitized with a goal to aid in the implementation of digitization and further efficiency.
- Contribute to weekly planning and effort scoping across the insurance team
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 3 years of relevant, analytical experience focused in insurance
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, self-driven, and curious
- Experience using data to make decisions
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced, always on environment
- Willing to work in New York City full-time
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in SQL/PostgreSQL or other database tools
- Experience working within the insurance industry
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend