The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
Boost is looking for a VP of people to lead the charge in putting in the right people and processes in place to scale.
As VP People, you will build and define all people operations and cultural elements to ensure the core values of Boost are being upheld. You will work to build a world-class team as well as effective, scalable systems and processes. You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Recruiting and People functions. This includes talent acquisition, on-boarding and off-boarding talent, training and development, leadership and succession planning, performance management, executive and employee compensation and benefits, employee relations and compliance, organizational design, and most importantly, building a strong culture. The ideal candidate will have experience building teams for a best in class tech company across sales, engineering, product, operations, and the rest of the organization.
The most important dimensions for success in this role are:
Talent: You see your role as a partner with all the teams at Boost to help drive talent by creating and optimizing scalable recruiting processes that ensure a proactive candidate pipeline across the organization and ensure a quality new hire experience built on an efficient onboarding process.
People: You enjoy immersing yourself in the people operations required for a high-growth company. Creating efficient onboarding and offboarding processes, staying on top of benefits offerings, developing retention and performance management programs, implementing training programs, and ensuring compliance of Boost’s employment practices. You are a resource for Boost team members and managers alike.
Culture & Experience: You have a passion to deliver a working experience in which Boost team members are excited to go to work everyday. You ensure team wellness through purposeful work, personal growth, job satisfaction, pay, benefits, recognition, community, food and drinks, facilities, events, team activities, and workplace design. You are data driven and provide input on the collective voice of the company on the Executive Team, and formally and informally solicit culture input from across the organization.
- Mission driven. You believe in Boost’s vision and mission and approach everything through the mindset of achieving it.
- Hungry. You are self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, self-improving – you are independent, proactive, and act like a leader. You don’t wait to be told what to do, and if you see something that needs to be done you act.
- High integrity. You know right from wrong and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You keep your word, follow through, and do what you say you will do.
- Empathetic. You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Others trust you and share with you.
- Entrepreneurial. You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Flexible. You are willing to adapt as situations change and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Curious. You have a deep willingness to learn, realize that no one knows everything, and you are comfortable with that and willing to put the work in to acquire new skills as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in talent focused roles within high-growth environments known for having strong culture, exceptional employment brands, and top talent.
- Experience building teams in change management environments, closing complex positions, negotiating.
- Knowledgeable on appropriate compensation with the focus of building an innovative and sustainable talent acquisition strategy.
- Ability to engage at the executive level of the organization interfacing with key leaders across and up the chain to formulate plans and influence talent strategies.
- Experience with the variety of daily issues including: worker’s compensation, independent contractors, overtime, meal and rest periods, immigration, unemployment insurance, discrimination (per state and federal), pregnancy, disability (ADA), age, gender, diversity, family and medical leave (state and federal), sexual harassment training, and EEOC reporting.
- Well versed with modern technology talent software like Jobvite, Greenhouse, TriNet, and other recent technology innovations in the HR category.
- Proven ability to stay abreast of market and competitive trends.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent.
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend