Boost powers white-labeled insurance programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps tech companies offer modern insurance products to their customers within their own frontend environments. Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product (IaaS), abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and unlocks access through a cutting-edge API platform. Our customers are leading consumer and enterprise technology companies as well as game changing insurtech startups and we give them everything they need to quickly get to market with their own programs to monetize the insurance vertical.
What does that mean? That’s ‘abstracted and simplified’ language for boring insurance stuff like ‘A’-rated insurance paper, dedicated risk capacity to pay claims, and ongoing policy and claims administration – but it’s all powered programmatically by our backend API-driven systems. Technically we’re a licensed managing general agency, we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Norwest Venture Partners, Tusk Venture Partners, State National, and Nephila. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking guys and gals to join our team.
- Develop reports and visualizations that show the performance and health of Boost's insurance products and partners
- Identify trends and patterns in the underlying datasets, build visualizations to highlight them, and discuss findings with the appropriate departments
- Define the views and models that are appropriate to the different roles at Boost
- Provide answers, based on data, to questions from the business users
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Advanced knowledge of Looker including creating Models, Views, and Dashboards in LookML
- Advanced knowledge of SQL including CTEs, lateral joins, and sub-queries
- Strong communication skills and willingness to interface with other departments
- Experience with GitHub
- Adherence to Best Practices for the software development process including agile, documentation, PRs, and code reviews
- Ideally, experience with Python or another programming language
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Equity package (everyone is an owner)
- Medical/Vision/Dental benefits with employer contribution
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business (when we’re back)