Boost powers white-labeled insurance programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps tech companies offer modern insurance products to their customers within their own frontend environments. Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product (IaaS), abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and unlocks access through a cutting-edge API platform. Our customers are leading consumer and enterprise technology companies as well as game changing insurtech startups and we give them everything they need to quickly get to market with their own programs to monetize the insurance vertical.
What does that mean? That’s ‘abstracted and simplified’ language for boring insurance stuff like ‘A’-rated insurance paper, dedicated risk capacity to pay claims, and ongoing policy and claims administration – but it’s all powered programmatically by our backend API-driven systems. Technically we’re a licensed managing general agency, we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Norwest Venture Partners, Tusk Venture Partners, State National, and Nephila. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking guys and gals to join our team.
- Collect data from our PostgreSQL databases, AWS S3 buckets, and other sources
- Define and manage ETL pipelines using Fivetran as well as other open-source solutions
- Improve performance of existing ETL pipelines as needed
- Propose and implement new data processes as needed
- Work with other teams to define new metrics to be captured and interface with the engineering team to source the appropriate data
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of direct experience with SQL
- Fluent in Python
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with stakeholders from all departments
- Adapt quickly to changes, and communicate these strategically to stakeholders
- Experience with Snowflake or a willingness to learn it
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment and thrive on autonomy
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Equity package (everyone is an owner)
- Medical/Vision/Dental benefits with employer contribution
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business (when we’re back)