The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
This role offers a creative and forward-thinking candidate the unique opportunity to be part of a bottoms-up approach to insurance product development. You will be able to drive the initial product research and development while working cross-functionally to support our Growth and Tech teams to create innovative digital insurance programs with some of the most cutting-edge technology companies in the world.
Reporting directly to the Insurance Product Innovation Manager, Boost’s Product Development Analyst will play a critical role on the Insurance Team to support the development of new products and ongoing maintenance of existing programs through analysis of competitive marketplace, performance, and regulatory environment.
- Conduct extensive market research and analysis within the insurance marketplace on various lines of business across P&C
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the research and diligence of potential program opportunities
- Support in the designing of new insurance programs
- Analyze products in existing states to ensure competitive position
- Continue development of depth of knowledge of specific product lines and regulatory developments, including coverage innovations.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 3 years of relevant, analytical and/or research and development experience
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, self-driven, and curious
- Ability to dive deep into research
- Willing to work in New York City full-time
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in SQL/PostgreSQL or other database tools
- Experience working within the insurance industry
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend