The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
The Insurance Filing Analyst will prepare and submit filings of insurance forms, rates and rules to state insurance departments in 51 jurisdictions in accordance with the laws and regulations of each jurisdiction; receive and analyze objection letters from state insurance examiners and coordinate responses to same; prepare and distribute notices announcing implementation or final disposition of filings to the business units, maintain status sheets and properly document files across all lines of P&C. This role will report into the Director of Insurance Ops, work closely with Legal & Compliance and requires someone highly organized, efficient, and adaptable with excellent communication skills.
- Develop cover letters/description of filings.
- Coordinate, track and manage all Filing Authorization Requests from our carrier partners.
- Maintain proper documentation of files (including correspondence in SERFF and e-mail correspondence).
- Prepare filings packet for submission through SERFF; complete all supporting documentation and certificates required by SERFF, Florida i-File or paper filings and facilitate approval/sign-off from management.
- Collaborate with Legal to obtain and analyze state insurance regulations and statutes as necessary to respond to state insurance examiners’ inquiries.
- Function as the liaison for all regulatory inquiries related to filings submitted.
- Provide all teams at Boost with current filing statuses and historical information on previous filings as necessary.
- Oversee specified filings and provide first line supervision for review of work.
- Review proposed insurance policies, endorsements, rate and rules and determine optimal filing strategies.
- Ensure filing and implementation deadlines are met for multiple programs in parallel
- Maintain robust filing documentation; monitor and track statuses of filings, including the preparation and posting of notices of approval or final disposition of filings.
- Assist in other regulatory and/or compliance matters and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 3+ years of experience working in P&C insurance
- Must have knowledge of the SERFF filing process and Florida’s i-File system
- Familiarity with searching SERFF and SNL for competitor filings
- Exceptional research skills with the ability to research regulations across all jurisdictions and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Must be willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities
- Willing to work in New York City full-time or relocate
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Strong preference for experience filing and doing compliance checks on more than one line of business
- Experience in a product filing role
- Experience with both admitted and non-admitted lines is a plus
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend