The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
Boost is looking for a VP Growth – Insurtech who will be targeted with all revenue for the Insurtech channel, which eventually may include hiring and managing a team. Boost operates in the Insurtech domain partnering with both Insurtech and Digital Platform customers.
Your role is to sell into the Insurtech channel ranging from established enterprise organizations to start-ups. A recent example is Boost powering an embedded insurance program for an established underwriter that has declared 2021 the ‘year of digital’ and made significant internal investment to make that happen.
A well-planned and executed go-to-market strategy for Boost is the core goal, measured by revenue across new and existing customers. You will be a key stakeholder in marketing investments, growth and demand generation, company narrative, positioning, messaging, and pricing.
Boost is looking for a VP of Growth who understands the need to be scrappy and close deals, while also keeping an eye towards scalability and efficiency as the company grows. This individual must be an analytically driven, entrepreneurial, and a creative problem solver who knows how to test, learn, and iterate. It is paramount that the VP of Growth be resourceful and capable of achieving aggressive goals with ingenuity and within budget.
More detailed tactical / strategic aspects of the role include...
- Go to Market Strategy: Develop the Insurtech go to market strategy with the CRO and Head of Marketing, including: developing price points, identifying target customers, categories, and regions.
- Drive Revenue: Inherit the 2021 Insurtech revenue plan, and work with the other members of the executive team to identify and establish new areas of growth and additional revenue opportunities while exploiting the existing opportunities.
- Marketing Acumen: Partner closely with marketing investments, growth and demand generation, company narrative, positioning, messaging, and pricing.
- Evangelize: Sell a mission critical product that customers love inside of a multi-billion-dollar industry. You will change customers’ businesses as Boost’s products increase revenues and eliminate ad-hoc spreadsheets and reports.
- Dashboards & Analytics: Effectively use data to manage and drive pipeline and forecasting decisions as well as changes to strategy.
- Sales Training & Development: Recruit, hire, develop, and mentor an incredible sales team through training, coaching, promotions, rewards, recognition, and performance management to reflect the needs of the go to market strategy; improve your team through skill enhancing programs (sourcing, targeting, presenting, closing, etc.)
- Customer Relationship Management: Provide oversight of the CRM system as well as other reporting tools within the Boost Insurance arsenal. Goal is to measure key metrics in real-time while providing monthly, quarterly, and annual trends. This includes reports for key initiatives, category and industry progress, field productivity, and customer analysis.
- Sales Collateral: In conjunction with product marketing, develop material and tools to continuously improve sales execution with current benefit, feature, and competitive based analysis for the acquisition of new business.
- Market Analysis: Develop a method to reliably anticipate and understand market trends, customer issues and needs, and competitive moves to serve as a foundation for Boost Insurance going forward.
- Customer Interface: Be visible and available for customers and partners and be a viable force at conferences and other industry/social events.
- Execution: Consistently meet and exceed sales objectives while building a reputation for innovative sales strategies and techniques.
The leadership aspects of the role are important and include...
- Culture: Foster a culture of shared ownership and push the work to the front lines. Don’t ask anyone to do anything you would not be first willing to do. Focus on collaboration, speed, learning, scalability, and excellence between functional and departmental goals. Hold both yourself and colleagues to the highest standard of ethical professionalism, instilling strong values in your team and legacy and fostering a community that loves working together.
- Inspire and Enlist: Work with and inspire a group of incredibly smart, mission-driven people – at the Company and on the revenue team – giving them tools, mentorship, and motivation to innovate and make decisions to support the vision of the Company.
- Allocate: Support and allocate resources for an effective organizational structure that balances process, accountability and scalability with product velocity and innovation as the Company continues to scale.
- Strategize: Develop the revenue strategy and be held accountable for maintaining enough resources (time, people, money) to achieve the roadmap set for the Company.
- Prepare: Be forefront of the latest trends and resources for the Company, while balancing scalability and stability.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 8+ years of progressive experience focused on: Sales, Business Development, Accounting Management, Customer Success within enterprise technology organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding revenue and earnings expectations at scale.
- Must bring solutions sales experience; this role is about consulting with customers, understanding their businesses, and leveraging that relationship and analysis to close deals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing successful go to market strategies.
- Expert level experience in sales process design and optimization – pipeline development, strategy development, lead generation, prospect generation, and follow-up strategies.
- Experience developing sales training programs that address common objections, industry trends, and the development needs of the sales team; must be a strong mentor capable of getting the most out of your teams.
- Proven ability to recruit and lead a team of high achieving sales professionals as well as managing executive leadership.
- Experience managing customers in target industries/markets; ability to develop customers with multiple stakeholders and departments to increase LTV.
- Data and metrics driven with experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and identifying opportunities, and developing insight at a strategic level.
- You think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and fiscally responsible in the pursuit of business objectives. You will maintain the company’s startup mentality.
- Nimble/Agile. You enjoy stepping outside of your comfort zone and relish the opportunity to tackle new and exciting challenges.
- Execution Focused. Apolitical, driven by business objectives and pride in work, but not personal aggrandizement.
- You keep your word and do not cut ethical corners. You choose to do what is right versus what is more convenient.
- Team Player. You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver who leads by example. You would never ask anyone to do something that you are not willing to do yourself.
- You can feel the heartbeat of the organization. Your colleagues are not afraid to confide in you.
- Intellectually Curious. You have a deep desire to learn new things and acquire new skills.
- Problem Solver. You view challenges as opportunities to better revamp processes and offerings.
- Solutions-Oriented. You hear and internalize feedback. You understand that other team members may have different perspectives, and you take these into account to make the best decisions for the organization.