The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
The Director of Claims will play a critical role on the Insurance team, developing and executing end-to-end claims strategies for all of Boost’s Programs. The candidate should have experience in a fast-growing environment to build, collaborate, and continuously improve upon Boost’s claims’ processes and procedures. Reporting directly to the Chief Insurance Officer as well as the Head of Legal & Compliance, the Director of Claims will be responsible for all aspects of claims operations, including serving as the primary contact for Boost’s third-party administrators (“TPAs”) and leading internal adjudication efforts. This role will focus on optimizing individual program loss ratios and serving as the internal resource for all claims related questions for live programs as well as during the development of new Boost products. The Director of Claims will utilize their established claims expertise to implement innovative claims solutions that align with Boost’s capacity to power the future of insurance. The role requires a hungry, self-starting, high-performing professional to take ownership of claims handling and management, all with a mind towards innovation to navigate the intersection of insurance and technology.
- Create, implement, and manage Boost’s overall claims strategy including the development of Boost’s claims handling philosophy and execution of claims capabilities.
- Analyze and have full command of all coverage provided under Boost policies; review and approve coverage determinations; review, draft, and/or approve coverage correspondence; and effectively communicate coverage positions.
- Develop strategies to provide a superior claims experience for Boost’s partners and policyholders, ensuring prompt communication with all parties as well as timely and appropriate claim adjudication.
- Lead the implementation of market leading technology to elevate Boost’s claims capabilities and our partners’ claims experiences.
- Day to day management of Boost’s TPA partners, including budgeting and managing claims and TPA related expenses.
- Source additional TPAs as necessary to align with Boost’s strategy and growing product lines.
- Regularly engage with Boost’s reinsurance and carrier partners on all claims-related inquires, including large loss reporting and determining claims authority.
- Create and implement compliant First Notice of Loss and customer communication strategies for each of Boost’s partners and programs.
- Develop and regularly report on loss ratios and performance metrics for each Boost Program and individual distribution partner.
- Collaborate with members of the Insurance, Operations, and Legal Teams to develop, track, and maintain key performance indicators and contribute to the implementation of any necessary updates to underwriting guidelines, coverages, and/or rates.
- Work with the Legal Team to address complex coverage positions, coverage disputes, claims involving coverage litigation, and regulatory requirements related to claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 7+ years of experience adjusting claims in Property & Casualty
- Must be a licensed insurance adjuster for Property & Casualty
- Desire to develop and onboard a Claims team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourcefulness with a passion for diving deep into new topics to become a subject matter expert
- Adaptability with a propensity for working in extremely fast-paced environments
- Highly organized
- High degree of interest and working knowledge of insurtech trends
- Willingness to work in New York City full-time or relocate
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Strong preference for experience adjusting claims in more than one line of business
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies in the workplace
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Healthcare with employer contribution
- Additional wellness benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)
- Work from home monthly snack and lunch stipend