The Digital Insurance Platform
Boost unlocks the insurance vertical by powering white-labeled programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps leading technology companies and high-growth startups offer digital insurance products to their customers. Building on Boost enables companies across all segments to offer insurance products through a fully embedded experience within their own front-end environments. Boost's infrastructure-as-a-service platform significantly reduces the cost of building and managing an insurance business by packaging the necessary operational, compliance, and capital components and making them accessible through a simple API integration. That means they can focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences, product innovation, and growth.
Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and provides access through a cutting-edge API platform. We give our customers everything they need to quickly get to market with their own insurance products and programs which provide an important revenue opportunity. Technically, we’re a licensed managing general agency -- we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is running fast and making waves, backed by an awesome group of investors including Greycroft, Coatue, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking folks to join our team.
The Insurance Product Innovation Manager will play a critical role on the Insurance Team at Boost reporting directly to the Chief Insurance Officer. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to support the implementation of new insurance products, this role requires an understanding of the intersection between insurance and technology and an innovative mindset to create market leading insurance products. The role will lead the management of new products and the ongoing lifecycle of each for Boost taking into account product filing, underwriting, distribution strategy, innovation and value proposition.
- Act as the central resource for the management, development and design of an insurance product during all aspects of the product’s lifecycle.
- Develop market research for all products, taking into account Boost’s partner’s product needs, marketplace competitiveness, and profitability.
- Coordinate with all internal stakeholders to develop marketplace strategies for the implementation of Boost’s products.
- Research new data methodologies to enhance existing industry products and develop esoteric products for Boost.
- Assist with the research of comparable and competitive forms, rates, and filings for internal product development
- Collaborate with the Director of Underwriting, Director of Insurance Product Management, and Associate Counsel, Legal & Compliance on the creation of policy forms to ensure product fit and compliance.
- Identify innovative opportunities that lead to the growth of the product for Boost’s partners.
- Influence the product strategy while staying focused on the business’s fundamental goals and priorities.
- Establish a deep understanding of the Boost Platform capabilities.
- Nurture and maintain all product development needs for Boost and its partners
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8 years of experience working within the P&C Industry or 3-5 years working in a product management role
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Excellent research skills with the ability to research product fit and regulations across all jurisdictions and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
- Experience with developing insurance policy forms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities
- Willing to work in New York City full-time or relocate
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Strong preference for relevant experience in multiple lines of business
- Strong preference for casualty or commercial lines experience
- P&C license preferred, but not required
- Experience with admitted and non-admitted lines of insurance is a plus
- Previous experience working with startup or tech companies is a plus
- Short and long-term goal-oriented, consistent with startup life
- Self-starter with the ability to derive need without being told exactly what to do
- A positive attitude and resilient
- Willingness to get in the weeds with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Adept at learning and utilizing new technologies
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and creativity
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Employer-Contributed Healthcare
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Work with a close-knit team that always has each other's backs