Boost powers white-labeled insurance programs for innovators across all industries. Our platform helps tech companies offer modern insurance products to their customers within their own front-end environments. Boost’s infrastructure-as-a-service product, IaaS for short, abstracts and simplifies an old school, complicated industry – and unlocks access to it through a cutting-edge API platform. Our customers are leading consumer and enterprise technology companies as well as game changing insurtech startups. We provide everything they need to quickly get to market with their own programs to monetize the insurance vertical.
What does that mean? That’s ‘abstracted and simplified’ language for insurance stuff like ‘A’-rated insurance paper, dedicated risk capacity to pay claims, and ongoing policy and claims administration – but it’s all powered programmatically by our back-end API-driven systems. Technically we’re a licensed managing general agency, we’re just redefining what that means.
Our company is well-funded and backed by an awesome group of investors that includes Coatue Management, Greycroft Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Tusk Venture Partners along with strategic investors that include State National and Nephila.
We’re having a ton of fun, growing like crazy, and looking for forward thinking long-term company builders to join our team.
Are you looking for an office management/executive assistant position with a little more oomph? Then come join a high growth and dynamic startup for the opportunity to make an immediate impact on multiple parts of our business!
The Executive Ops & Admin Specialist will play an important role within our Operations & Finance Team and cover a wide range of operations and executive support responsibilities and reporting directly to the CEO. The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of office operations to support a high-quality work environment for Boost’s employees and provide full administrative support for our CEO and senior leadership team. We’re growing like crazy so this role provides an opportunity to get involved in a range of responsibilities across the company. While there’s no such thing as a “typical day” at Boost, on any given day you can expect to manage the schedules and travel plans for our CEO and Leadership Team, identify and organize speaking engagements for our Leadership Team, and support exciting projects like the search for and planning of our new office space.
The ideal candidate is both detail-orientated and creative with super high-energy and an unwavering positive attitude. Bring an inquisitive mind and the ability to go deep to find solutions as we continue to grow at an exciting pace.
This role is based full-time in New York, NY with limited-to-no travel.
- Provide executive assistance to our CEO including calendar management, travel coordination, and conference/presentation preparation while also providing administrative support to the Leadership Team.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations; everything from managing the relationship and communications with our office management company to organizing monthly company lunches
- Take the initiative to improve operations and office conditions throughout the day
- Assist with new hires, including documentation and on boarding
- Plan and coordinate internal and external activities and company events
- Manage multiple projects of different sizes and scope across the Company from start to finish
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to organize company and community events, coordinate public relations, conference speaking engagements, and other promotional and speaking engagements for our Leadership Team
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in executive support and office administration
- Previous experience working at startups or tech companies is a plus
- Motivated self-starter adept at anticipating executive needs without being told exactly what to do
- Ability to prioritize tasks and shifting priorities while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and schedule-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Positive and inclusive attitude with ability to support people from diverse backgrounds and personalities
- Strong interpersonal skills and intellectual curiosity
- Graphic design experience
- PowerPoint or similar presentation software skills
- Fun and inclusive personality that works (and plays!) well in teams
- Badass startup attitude motivated by building something huge and doing things differently
- Collaborative style that thrives in a high-energy and open work environment
- Self-starter approach that identifies problems and finds solutions
- Willingness to get in the weeds and get their hands dirty because no task is too small
Compensation & Benefits
- $50,000 - $70,000 salary + equity commensurate with experience and company stage
- Medical/Vision/Dental benefits with employer contribution
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- A close-knit team that always has each other's backs
- Best office dogs in the business
- Jeans and t-shirts environment
- Huge bags of Swedish Fish
- Office Beer (it’s 5 o'clock somewhere)