We're on a mission to accelerate the transition to clean, environmentally friendly, cost effective energy by creating the first fuel-agnostic energy supply chain. We believe the adoption of alternative energies is slow because of access and we’ve begun to change that with our disruptive new supply platform. By delivering the right fuel to the right vehicle at the right time we create efficiency across the entire energy process. We’ve successfully applied this model to fossil fuels reducing carbon emissions by 1.1 lbs of CO₂ emissions with each delivery. Bio and alternative fuels are next. We’re the catalyst to better energy for you, your community and our planet.
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our finance team! In this role you will work closely with the leadership of the finance, sales, and operations organizations. The successful candidate will have a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude, be able to multitask and be ready to thrive in a fast-paced startup.
Location: We know not everyone wants to be in an office setting five days a week. At Booster we want to promote flexibility in our workforce, that’s why we’re welcoming applicants from across the U.S., especially those local to one of our hubs!
What You Will Be Doing
- Business Unit FP&A partner to Sales, Operations and Corporate orgs including budget planning, budget to actuals analysis, forecasting of financial and operational performance
- Build and maintain S&OP models, operations dashboards, and critical metrics (KPI's) to enable the Sales & Operations teams to make the best possible business decisions
- Support the annual operating and budgeting process with CFO and other key stakeholders
- Work cross functionally to support departmental leadership and proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company’s short/long-term objectives and planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis on topics including but not limited to sales forecasting, product pricing, operations models, vehicle forecasts/optimization, customer segmentation and profitability, etc.
What You Should Already Have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, statistics, applied math, engineering, operations/supply chain management, or similar required; minimum of three years of combined experience in business unit finance, operations, sales ops, analytics, or other related field.
- Expert level Excel/Gsheet operations modeling required - familiarity with keyboard shortcuts and functions including: pivot tables, charts, pivot charts, vlookup, index/match, sumifs, arrays (CSE), multi criteria ifs (AND OR), nested ifs, data tables, Get Data, etc. Proficiency with Planful (Host Analytics) desirable.
- Solid common sense and business acumen, high level of attention to detail, superior analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work
- Basic knowledge of accounting & finance principles and terms, including: key P&L line items (Revenue, Gross Profit, variable & fixed operations costs, SG&A, Net Income), capitalization & depreciation of assets, and unit economics
Not sure if you meet the qualifications? Apply anyway! We’re building a diverse team with perspectives from every industry. If you find yourself meeting some but not all of the above, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our recruiting process:
- Phone interview with a technical recruiter
- Zoom interview with hiring manager
- Zoom interviews with 2-3 diverse stakeholders, cross functional
What makes Booster different?
- Committed to Equity and Inclusion and you’ll notice it in our process
- Cutting edge tech: We’re building the world’s first unified energy network
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage for employees!
- Unlimited PTO and up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing
Check us out!
PR News Wire, Booster’s Mobile Energy Service Expands
Dallas Innovates, Booster Builds on Renewables Delivery Partnership
Booster continues to win awards: Forbes Top Startup Employers 2021, PRWeek’s 2021 Hall of Femme, SVBJ’s 2020 40 Under 40, Business Intelligence Group’s 2019 Sustainability Service of the Year, and Women in Trucking’s 2019 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation.
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booste