We believe the fuel that moves you and your business should be effortless and guilt free.
At Booster, we bring the gas station directly to tens of thousands of customers daily. We do this because it’s better for you, your city and the planet. (And, because one day we got stuck in the Seattle rain waiting in line for gas and thought, there’s gotta be a better way).
Think it’s easy to deliver fuel to cars? It’s not. It takes rethinking nearly a century old supply chain so that every gas station becomes a plot of land that is better put to use. That’s why we build everything full-stack. We use the latest technology to deliver good old-fashioned personal service, and a little bit of magic, in every boost. Our customers love our product (check out the iOS and Android reviews) as much as we love building it.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative, driven, and customer-obsessed senior software engineer to join our team and help accelerate our growth. You will work closely with our operations, product, and data teams to improve our inventory management, telematics, dispatch, and vehicle management domains. You will also play a role in leveling up our existing tech stack (node.js, mongodb, react/angular) while improving the performance, security, and automation of our systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Partner with PMs, Designers, Engineers and Operations team members to build and execute the team's vision and roadmap
- Lead and participate in spec and tech design discussions
- Partner with the Data organization to help define the data infrastructure for Booster
- Mentor junior engineers through paired programming, tech talks, and code reviews
- Perform as a hands-on leader, personally owning critical initiatives and driving towards execution
- Implement org-wide processes towards producing fast, high quality, secure, resilient and scalable solutions
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of demonstrated team leadership experience, in roles such as tech lead
- Relevant experience with Node.js, MongoDB, and react/angular/vue
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with relentless personal drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and drive multiple initiatives at once, while having a single-minded focus on top priorities
- Demonstrated ability to strive in fast-paced, highly ambiguous environments
- A plus: Experience in kotlin/swift, python, embedded systems, IoT, SQL, Kubernetes
About Our Benefits
- Keep Everyone Healthy. We know that you work to take care of your loved ones. That’s why we offer benefits that cover you and your family including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Get a Boost. Take advantage of the Booster employee fuel discount and get gas at cost!
- Recharge Your Batteries. We have unlimited responsible PTO. Take the quality time you need, when you need it. Take care of personal stuff. Stop and smell the roses. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Invest in You. Utilize our highly-rated savings matches to help meet your long-term financial goals.
- Be Part of Something. Not only will you get to build something that could redefine consumer behavior, you’ll be an owner. Get Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing.
- Toast and Learn. Enjoy time with your teammates. We take pride in our collaborative office environment and the journey we are on together. We know we are going to make mistakes, but we do so with a growth mindset. We never point fingers or laugh at each other. However, we laugh with each other – A LOT.
Some Background on Us
TELEMUNDO, Gasolina a domicilio en San José
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.