Do you want to impact the lives of nearly all Americans by eliminating the errand of going to the gas station? Booster has redesigned the infrastructure required to deliver gas to consumers and replaced the gas station with mobile delivery. Park, push a button and get fuel delivered while you’re away. We are a small well-funded team that is growing quickly out of Burlingame, CA, San Jose, CA, San Diego, CA, Orange County, CA and Dallas, TX.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead our Seattle, WA market. We need a leader who is comfortable recruiting and managing high-quality employees as your leadership will be critical in scaling our Washington, D.C. market. We need you to be a leader and a driving force behind Booster customer experience, constantly improving our services, obsessing about safety, and re-imagine how we deliver gas to our customers.
You must be passionate about and undaunted by an operations engine with trucks, drivers, and complex supply chains. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial, discontent with the status-quo and obsessed with improving anything they touch.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, empower, and lead a highly capable team, including service professionals, operation managers, account management, and account executives
- Grow our business in the D.C area at an aggressive pace ensuring the foundation is built for long-term success.
- Develop and hold sales team accountable to goals while holding a high standard of professionalism and integrity.
- Represent the company locally to regulators, partners, customers, press, community and suppliers
- Drive new user acquisition and operational excellence while managing to a budget
- Continuous improvement of operational KPIs
- Localize the service and build community ties
- Own a P&L and forecast
- Build from a playbook to the first gallon delivered and beyond to millions of gallons monthly
- Work closely with product, engineering, marketing to enhance the service
What You Should Already Know
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a solutions orientation mindset
- A proven leader. You lead from the front. You put your team before yourself. You earn respect and people follow you
- 5+ years of experience as a general manager, regional director, or operations manager in an operationally intensive, low-margin (on-demand, warehouse, logistics/transportation) high growth environment
- Strong P&L experience in low margin business
- High EQ and people pattern recognition
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet the deadline
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Operations / logistics experience a plus
- Exude passion for all aspects of our mission: environmental stewardship, safety, sustainability and of course, time given back in life for what truly matters
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Stay healthy: 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
- Refuel: open vacation policy, take the time you need when you need it
- Monthly team building events - yoga, safari adventures, wine blending, paint nights, ax throwing, and bocce tournaments to name a few...
- Early Stock Option at a fast-growing startup with a strong VC-backing
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.