We believe the fuel that moves you and your business should be effortless and guilt free.
At Booster, we bring the gas station directly to tens of thousands of customers daily. We do this because it’s better for you, your city and the planet. (And, because one day we got stuck in the Seattle rain waiting in line for gas and thought, there’s gotta be a better way).
Think it’s easy to deliver fuel to cars? It’s not. It takes rethinking nearly a century old supply chain so that every gas station becomes a plot of land that is better put to use. That’s why we build everything full-stack. We use the latest technology to deliver good old-fashioned personal service, and a little bit of magic, in every boost. Our customers love our product (check out the iOS and Android reviews) as much as we love building it.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead our Seattle, WA market. We need a leader who is comfortable recruiting and managing high-quality employees as your leadership will be critical in scaling our Seattle market. We need you to be a leader and a driving force behind Booster customer experience, constantly improving our services, obsessing about safety, and re-imagine how we deliver gas to our customers.
You must be passionate about and undaunted by an operations engine with trucks, drivers, and complex supply chains. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial, discontent with the status-quo and obsessed with improving anything they touch.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, empower, and lead a highly capable team, including service professionals, operation managers, account management, and account executives
- Grow our business in the Seattle area at an aggressive pace ensuring the foundation is built for long-term success.
- Develop and hold sales team accountable to goals while holding a high standard of professionalism and integrity.
- Represent the company locally to regulators, partners, customers, press, community and suppliers
- Drive new user acquisition and operational excellence while managing to a budget
- Continuous improvement of operational KPIs
- Localize the service and build community ties
- Own a P&L and forecast
- Build from a playbook to the first gallon delivered and beyond to millions of gallons monthly
- Work closely with product, engineering, marketing to enhance the service
What You Should Already Know
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a solutions orientation mindset
- A proven leader. You lead from the front. You put your team before yourself. You earn respect and people follow you
- 5+ years of experience as a general manager, regional director, or operations manager in an operationally intensive, low-margin (on-demand, warehouse, logistics/transportation) high growth environment
- Strong P&L experience in low margin business
- High EQ and people pattern recognition
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet the deadline
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Operations / logistics experience a plus
- Exude passion for all aspects of our mission: environmental stewardship, safety, sustainability and of course, time given back in life for what truly matters
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
About Our Benefits
- Keep Everyone Healthy. We know that you work to take care of your loved ones. That’s why we offer benefits that cover you and your family including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Get a Boost. Take advantage of the Booster employee fuel discount and get gas at cost!
- Recharge Your Batteries. We have unlimited responsible PTO. Take the quality time you need, when you need it. Take care of personal stuff. Stop and smell the roses. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Invest in You. Utilize our highly-rated savings matches to help meet your long-term financial goals.
- Be Part of Something. Not only will you get to build something that could redefine consumer behavior, you’ll be an owner. Get Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing.
- Toast and Learn. Enjoy time with your teammates. We take pride in our collaborative office environment and the journey we are on together. We know we are going to make mistakes, but we do so with a growth mindset. We never point fingers or laugh at each other. However, we laugh with each other – A LOT.
Some Background on Us
TELEMUNDO, Gasolina a domicilio en San José
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.