Do you want to impact the lives of nearly all Americans by eliminating the errand of going to the gas station? Booster has redesigned the infrastructure required to deliver gas to consumers and replaced the gas station with mobile delivery. Park, push a button, and get fuel delivered while you’re away. We are a small well-funded team that is growing quickly out of Burlingame, CA, San Jose, CA, San Diego, CA, Orange County, CA and Dallas, TX.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our Orange County market. We need a leader who is comfortable recruiting and managing high-quality employees as your leadership will be critical in scaling our Orange County market. We need you to be a leader and a driving force behind Booster customer experience, constantly improving our services, obsessing about safety, and re-imagine how we deliver gas to our customers.
You must be passionate about and undaunted by an operations engine with trucks, drivers, and complex supply chains. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial, discontent with the status-quo and obsessed with improving anything they touch.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, empower, and lead a highly capable team of service professionals and maintain our fleet
- Drive local and national initiatives to develop our services and increase user base
- Manage our Operations Coordinators who are responsible for the day to day execution of fleet maintenance, service professional, and vehicle on-boarding and training
- Continuous improvement of operational, safety and financial KPIs with data-driven decision-making and in partnership with the Finance and Business Intelligence teams
- Work closely with product, engineering, marketing to enhance the service
- Ensure team, office, and trucks are compliant
What You Should Already Know
- A proven leader. You lead from the front. You put your team before yourself. You earn respect and people follow you.
- 3+ years of experience as an operations manager in an operationally intensive, low-margin (on-demand, warehouse, logistics/transportation) high growth environment
- High EQ and people pattern recognition
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet deadline
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Operations / logistics experience a plus
- Exude passion for all aspects of our mission: environmental stewardship, safety, sustainability and of course, time given back in life for what truly matters
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- Gas available at cost
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- Early stage startup environment
- Equity in Booster
- Work directly with the founders
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.