Do you want to impact the lives of nearly everyone by eliminating the errand of going to the gas station? Booster has redesigned the infrastructure required to deliver gas to consumers and replaced the gas station with a mobile delivery truck. Park, push a button and get gas delivered while you’re away, all at the same price as the gas station, and no delivery fees.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Node.js engineer to join our core Growth & Consumer Technology team at our fast growing Burlingame, CA office. As a member of this team, you will be working alongside talented engineers building products and tools that drive consumer growth and campus adoption. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and help continuously improve our engineering practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and implement new backend features to enhance our referrals, rewards, notifications, and promotion systems.
- Work in a cross-functional team with product managers and data analysts to develop and improve acquisition, onboarding, and activation initiatives.
- Support engagement marketing campaigns by developing API integrations with marketing automation tools.
- Create tools for our corporate partners to better engage and market Booster to their employees.
- Manage integrations to third-party services that allow us to analyze data in order to experiment and iterate quickly across all initiatives.
What You Should Already Know
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have experience writing distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Experience or professional exposure to front-end mobile development (A PLUS!)
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, conscientiousness, transparency, empathy, passion and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Booster successful. We’re looking for someone who understands good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Stay healthy: 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage
Refuel: open vacation policy, take the time you need when you need it
Monthly team building events (yoga, safari adventures, wine blending, paint nights and bocce tournaments to name a few…)
Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with a strong VC backing
Competitive Benefits package
Fun office environment with a passionate team
Direct interaction with the executive team
- Conversion Capital https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/our-investment-booster-fuels-christian-lawless
- Madrona Venture Group http://www.madrona.com/boosters-focus-customer-unit-economics-pays-off/
- Maveron https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/booster-fuels-end-trip-gas-station-david-wu
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.