ABOUT BOOSTED COMMERCE
Boosted Commerce (founded in 2019) is a CPG platform focused on accelerating the growth of beloved consumer brands. We do this by acquiring, investing in, and growing third party seller businesses (mainly Fulfillment by Amazon, or FBA, based) and through original product development across verticals that we believe offer exceptional opportunity. Over the next twelve months, Boosted will acquire dozens of seller businesses and launch a similar number of original products. The founding team at Boosted has successfully exited multiple companies and is looking for talented, entrepreneurial, driven, and creative people to join us on our current journey.
The founding team has raised significant funding to acquire and build a diversified portfolio of brands on the world’s most dominant e-commerce platform, Amazon.
With e-commerce revenue of over $250 billion annually representing over 50% of total sales on the internet, Amazon products are being sold at scale across every possible consumer category. Amazon’s marketplace of third-party sellers accounts for 58% of all Amazon e-commerce sales with over 1 million sellers on the platform
With the goal of acquiring 100 businesses over the next five years, Boosted is in need of a top team of qualified and passionate contributors. Joining Boosted at this early stage represents an opportunity to grab early market-share and drive inorganic growth that will ultimately lead the company down a very clear path to profitability.
IN YOUR NEW ROLE
The Category Manager role at Boosted is an opportunity to have ownership over high-growth, Amazon and e-Commerce CPG brands within our portfolio. You will be responsible for the strategic initiatives for the brand within one of three verticals: Food & Supplements, Home & Wellness, and Beauty & Personal Care. You will be running all aspects of category analysis, channel expansion, brand design and positioning, and ultimately P&L management. You will need to be intimately familiar not only with the product set within your portfolio but also with all of the competitors’ products and the overall marketplace. This role is at the center of the action for Boosted and for the emerging ecommerce-centered CPG industry.
- P&L Ownership – monitor financial performance for the portfolio brands, identifying issues and opportunities for driving profit growth
- Category Strategy – research category trends, identify areas of growth and develop brand initiatives to achieve financial goals
- Channel Expansion – evaluate new sales channels for portfolio brands across both ecommerce platforms and brick & mortar and manage implementation form idea to launch
- Data Analysis – analyze data (financial, sales, customer, keywords, etc.), define potential opportunities for growth, prioritize and build business cases for pursuing these
- Brand Strategy – build brand roadmaps for portfolio brands, including positioning, design, voice, marketing across all channels and manage its implementation
- Integrating new businesses – supporting the M&A team to integrate new businesses into your portfolio
- Product development & launch strategy – championing custom new product development and ensuring successful launch and ranking on ecommerce platforms
- Reporting - prepare best in class analysis, reports, and insights driven presentations
- Problem-solving - respond to issues as they arise and come up with proactive plans to ensure speed and quality of resolution
TO BE THE BEST FIT FOR THIS ROLE YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in the Amazon ecosystem and other similar e-commerce experience
- 2-4 years at a Start-up or fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience at a management consulting firm a plus
- A passion for one of our portfolios areas: Food & Supplements, Home & Wellness, and Beauty & Personal Care
- A demonstrated track record of building a business in brand management, marketing, or a related area
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset, proactive in finding issues and opportunities, and resourceful with solving or pursuing these
- A history of obsessing over customer needs and have experience working with, and a passion for, consumer products
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in an environment that values transparency and direct feedback
- An excellent sense of humor
Boosted Commerce is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe bringing together people from diverse backgrounds enhances our ability to think more creatively and to come to the right conclusion more often. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.