ABOUT BOOSTED COMMERCE
Boosted Commerce (founded in 2019) is a CPG platform focused on accelerating the growth of beloved consumer brands. We do this by acquiring, investing in, and growing third party seller businesses (mainly Fulfillment by Amazon, or FBA, based) and through original product development across verticals that we believe offer exceptional opportunity. Over the next twelve months, Boosted will acquire dozens of seller businesses and launch a similar number of original products. The founding team at Boosted has successfully exited multiple companies and is looking for talented, entrepreneurial, driven, and creative people to join us on our current journey.
The founding team has raised significant funding to acquire and build a diversified portfolio of brands on the world’s most dominant e-commerce platform, Amazon.
With e-commerce revenue of over $250 billion annually representing over 50% of total sales on the internet, Amazon products are being sold at scale across every possible consumer category. Amazon’s marketplace of third-party sellers accounts for 58% of all Amazon e-commerce sales with over 1 million sellers on the platform
With the goal of acquiring 100 businesses over the next five years, Boosted is in need of a top team of qualified and passionate contributors. Joining Boosted at this early stage represents an opportunity to grab early market-share and drive inorganic growth that will ultimately lead the company down a very clear path to profitability.
At Boosted, our strength is the efficiency with which we identify, acquire, and operate brands in order to develop and elevate them to their full market potential. We deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst to join our highly skilled team.
The Accountant will assist in the monthly closing process while providing management with financial information and also handle inventory reconciliation. You will have the opportunity to help build processes to guide sustained and profitable growth. You will be reporting directly to the Controller and be supporting all different teams across the company. The ideal candidate not only has experience multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment but is also a proactive individual who takes the necessary initiative to support the senior leadership team and is comfortable engaging in complex, broad analyses.
- Participate in the oversight of the monthly close, including monthly journal entries, reconciliation
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting data and verifying data
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files including reconciling accounts
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly preparation of reports needed for management
- Develop and revise operating procedures to ensure data accuracy and maximize operating efficiency
- Analyze financial data to discover patterns and/or discrepancies
- Perform detailed monthly expense accrual analysis
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Develop reports derived from general ledger data to meet the analytical needs of company management
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of financial schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Protect organization's values by keeping information confidential
- Complete financial projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to follow through and react quickly to situations
- Ability to ensure confidentiality, take initiative, and exercise considerable judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible in dealing with changing priorities with the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines
- Ability to answer questions in a professional and friendly manner
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- An excellent sense of humor
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+years of related accounting experience.
- MBA / CFA / CPA is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a big plus
- Experience with Bill.com is a big plus
- Solid references requested
This position requires working hybrid onsite - Los Angeles, CA
Must be a U.S. Person: U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Greencard holder. We are not providing sponsorship at this time.
Boosted Commerce is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe bringing together people from diverse backgrounds enhances our ability to think more creatively and to come to the right conclusion more often. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.