ABOUT BOOSTED COMMERCE
Boosted Commerce (founded in 2020) is a CPG platform focused on accelerating the growth of beloved consumer brands. We do this by acquiring, investing in, and growing third party seller businesses (mainly FBA based) and through original product development across verticals that we believe offer exceptional opportunity. Over the next twelve months, Boosted will acquire dozens of seller businesses and launch a similar number of original products. The founding team at Boosted has successfully exited multiple companies and is looking for talented, entrepreneurial, driven, and creative people to join us on our current journey.
The founding team has raised significant funding to acquire and build a diversified portfolio of brands on the world’s most dominant e-commerce platform, Amazon.
With e-commerce revenue of over $250 billion annually representing over 50% of total sales on the internet, Amazon products are being sold at scale across every possible consumer category. Amazon’s marketplace of third-party sellers accounts for 58% of all Amazon e-commerce sales with over 1 million sellers on the platform.
With the goal of acquiring 100 third-party sellers businesses over the next five years, Boosted is in need of a top team of qualified and passionate contributors. Joining Boosted at this early stage represents an opportunity to grab early market-share and drive inorganic growth that will ultimately lead the company down a very clear path to profitability.
Our Data Engineers will help build an engineering stack and culture from scratch. This culture will be focused on learning, growing and establishing career paths for every level on the engineering spectrum. This is a high trajectory position best suited for the curious and technically adept mind – following a process that assures quality in every piece of code in a continuously learning environment. The core work includes establishing the building blocks of our first ever data pipeline, complete with scheduling, ETL, reporting and visualization. Our end products will harvest a tremendous amount of online transaction, product and audience data that will serve as the foundation of our scientific models.
- Understand engineering tasks and document progress along the software life cycle
- Participate in our lightweight Agile development process, from project kickoff meetings to tasking out work products and attending daily team standups
- Report project progress to the Director of Engineering, asking for guidance and celebrating successes appropriately
- Contribute to MVP and POC code sets while also building production infrastructure for business-ready and proven MVPs
- Validate and prove the quality of code produced, ensuring it matches expectation for delivering business value
- Remain a positive influence for all team members during all stages of a project
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Structured problem-solving skills while enjoying tackling complex, multi-faceted business problems
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Technical understanding of the entire software development lifecycle, from architecture to continuous deployment
- A passion for quality under appropriate timing
- Functioning repositories of database code – anything from school projects to independent work
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment: you are resourceful and can think outside the box in the pursuit of business objectives
- A positive attitude and the ability to work in an environment that values transparency and direct feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field / experience)
- Minimum 2 years of database experience or relevant coursework
- Proficient in any modern programming language – whether it be Python, Go, PHP or similar
- Working knowledge of SQL and data retrieval methods from NoSQL data stores
- Bonus: Exposure to a cloud hosting solution, preferably in AWS
- Solid references requested
Boosted Commerce is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe bringing together people from different backgrounds enhances our ability to think more creatively and to come to the right conclusion more often. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Positions are remote however you must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states: CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MI, NH, NV, NY, NJ, PA, TN, TX, UT, WA.
Must be a U.S. Person: U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Greencard holder. We are not providing sponsorship at this time.