More about Boosted.ai
Machine learning is changing how companies invest. A few firms have managed to build in-house ML teams and are rapidly outperforming their competitors. Hedge funds and banks are now looking for alternative ways to utilize machine learning without investing into their own dedicated ML team.
Boosted.ai makes machine learning investment techniques accessible to the rest of the market. We ingest and clean a huge volume of financial data, and allow users to create and test their own models through a web interface. We are a leader in this market and have major banks and hedge funds among our customers.
Job & Team
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for developing and optimizing the platforms upon which data can be made available and transformed, enabling the machine learning team and helping produce valuable insights for both customers and internal teams.
You will work with a talented and experienced team of professionals from the finance, machine learning, and software engineering worlds. We have offices in New York City and Toronto.
Here’s what we need you to be able to do. Ideally you have proven experience with these, but we care more about what you can do than what you have already done.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Improve our data pipelines, making them more efficient and fault-tolerant while handling series of machine learning and simulation jobs
- Assemble large, complex financial data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
At Boosted.ai, we are proud to provide an environment of respect to all, where equal employment opportunities are available to everyone. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us.