We are looking for a senior developer who can help us build complex and data-rich web applications. These applications are what allow our users to create new machine learning models and portfolios, and view their performance over time.
More About Boosted.ai
Machine learning is changing how companies invest. A few firms have managed to build in-house ML teams and are rapidly outperforming their competitors. Hedge funds and banks are now looking for alternative ways to utilize machine learning without investing into their own dedicated ML team.
Boosted.ai makes machine learning investment techniques accessible to the rest of the market. We ingest and clean a huge volume of financial data, and allow users to create and test their own models through a web interface. We are a leader in this market and have major banks and hedge funds among our customers.
You will work with a talented and experienced team of professionals from the finance, machine learning, and software engineering worlds. We have offices in New York City and Toronto (this position is located in our Toronto office at Adelaide and Yonge, one block north of King Station).
Here’s what we need you to be able to do. Ideally you have proven experience with these, but we care more about what you can do than what you have already done.
- Develop our web React/Redux web applications
- Integrate with HTTP and WebSocket APIs
- Test, debug, and optimize web application performance
- Write design and technical documentation
- Learn lots of domain-specific problems in finance and investment
- Help our junior web developers with design and code reviews
- Help improve our tooling, dependencies, code patterns, etc.
We also look for people with particularly good planning, prioritization, collaboration, and communication skills. Coding is only one part of software engineering! We are trying to establish a culture that values thinking and writing too.
On The Side
If you have experience with any of the following, we’d love to hear about it! Our roles can be fluid, and you are welcome to wear multiple hats if you want to. (We can also support you learning any of these, if you have interest and aptitude but no experience.)
- Implementing and testing server-side APIs
- Gathering feedback and requirements for product design
- Creating, using, and theming design systems
- Wireframing, UX/UI design
- Infrastructure development
- Anything else you want to tell us about!
At Boosted.ai, we are proud to provide an environment of respect to all, where equal employment opportunities are available to everyone. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by local law. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us.