Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We are filled with people passionate about robots and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
Fast, fun, simple electric vehicles are our focus and our passion. We make the world’s most advanced electric longboard. With six models to fit the most extreme action sports enthusiast to the casual commuter, the Boosted board is a powerful and reliable paradigm shift in transportation and recreation.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- Starting from first-principals, define powertrain architecture for new products.
- Identify the parameters that govern powertrain performance, weight, reliability, and cost.
- Prove technical concepts through prototyping and testing
- Create technical specifications, drawings, and assembly stories to communicate design intent across teams.
- Design key components of the powertrain for performance, reliability, and mass production.
- Communicate closely with our supply chain partners to best leverage their capabilities.
- Prototype early and often.
- Kick off production tools, and support with rigorous 2D and 3D documentation.
- Iterate on DFM and DFA with the manufacturing team.
- Travel to CMs for Proto / EVT / DVT builds to support manufacturing bring-up and reliability testing.
- Own production changes to improve manufacturing and zap bugs.
- 5+ years in design engineering, with strong preference toward battery, motor, power electronics, and consumer products.
- Experience shipping mid- to high-volume products to consumers
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline (ME, EE, Mechatronics, Applied Physics, etc)