Boosted is on a mission to reinvent transportation to be fun, fast, and simple for everyone. Electric skateboards are our first product, but our vision is so much bigger. We know that lightweight electric vehicles are the future of urban transportation and we are well positioned to lead the space. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We want people to explore more and worry less. We envision a world where getting there is just as good as being there.
We’ve compiled a stellar team of smart, authentic people who like to win, and we’ve built a premium brand with a passionate customer following. Backed by some of Silicon Valley’s premier VCs and entrepreneurs, we just closed $60M in Series B funding.
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Boosted is looking for a Head of Human Resources who will be directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the HR function, including onboarding/offboarding, employee engagement and retention, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, training and development, manager guidance, and compliance.
This role reports directly to the CEO and will require both a strategic and action oriented leader as we rapidly grow the company. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to help continue to cultivate our innovative culture as the business scales. You will develop and execute a talent strategy that is aligned with the business strategy, while also collaborating to develop and implement effective people and talent programs. Tactically, you will work to constantly improve our people processes and manage employee relations issues while balancing the team and business needs.
- Develop and implement a strategic people plan aligned to Boosted’s plan for achieving specific business goals.
- Have a deep understanding of organizations supported, including key business functions and processes
- Coach and advise people leaders on issues relating to effective leadership and management of people and the operation of relevant leadership teams
- Support and work with business teams and functions to understand current and future business goals and trends that may impact workforce needs and initiatives
- Proactively engage with business leaders on people strategy and effectively delivering that strategy through workforce planning
- Develop knowledge and skills to reinforce the Boosted culture with leaders and employees
- Confidently consult and advise managers and employees on all aspects of employee related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, terminations, and reorganizations
- Partner with leadership to design and deliver appropriate talent planning activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans
- Focus efforts on employee development needs and promote a learning environment which supports on the job opportunities within teams and across the company
- Leverage coaching skills to assist employees and managers through development and performance matters
- Advise and support line management on local and global compensation and benefits initiatives. Interpret internal compensation frameworks and external market survey data to identify emerging trends
- Act as a liaison between recruiting and business teams. Participate in interview processes for management and key hires
- Understand the training/development needs of Boosted and design and implement appropriate programs for the business
- Using reports on staffing, retention, attrition etc, review trends and recommend programs and/or enhancements as necessary
- Work on special and cross functional projects as needed
- 6+ years of experience in an HR/people management, generalist, and/or business partnering role
- Experience managing and building out a team
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including influencing and ability to encourage innovation
- Highly collaborative style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and a supporting team member
- Coach, mentor, and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with personal and business goals
- Execute project management skills where needed
- ADP Workforce Now experience a plus